• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Going Electric?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really hate to be Mr. Negative, but I don't think any bill, program or law will do anything toward making the Elio electric, gas, coal or wood burning. I would bet money that Elio has given up on the car and is just biding time till everyone forgets. The bit about them going electric is total BS.

That said, I hope I'm wrong.
That would make you Mr. Logic, based on EM’s history. Mr. Negative might say. “you’re not wrong“.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really hate to be Mr. Negative, but I don't think any bill, program or law will do anything toward making the Elio electric, gas, coal or wood burning. I would bet money that Elio has given up on the car and is just biding time till everyone forgets. The bit about them going electric is total BS.

That said, I hope I'm wrong.
"The cost in raw materials needed to produce an EV is now 125% more than the raw material cost of a comparable internal combustion engine vehicle." Source: Google. I wish them the best producing an electric EV for a "targeted price" of $14,900.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"The cost in raw materials needed to produce an EV is now 125% more than the raw material cost of a comparable internal combustion engine vehicle." Source: Google. I wish them the best producing an electric EV for a "targeted price" of $14,900.
The cost in raw materials statement is just the opposite. :) Luck? A targeted $14,900 EVElio is as impossible as the targeted price of the ICElio.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was looking at the Aptera Electric car and I saw a lot of good ideas for the electric Elio Like solar panels on the car and motors in the wheels I know it seem like I am beating a dead house. but dreams don't cost any thing and I like to always have hope.
Aptera reservationists also have hope of seeing an actual production model Aptera cross the production finish line that includes a sales/delivery/service network to their neck of the woods.

Ray O

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here I go again Crazy California is passing a law that by 2035 all new cars sold have to be electric. This could be an opining for Elio it less expensive and can be charged at home without a charging station. Now if Elio could only find the money. Again it cost nothing to dream. Lets always have hope.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here I go again Crazy California is passing a law that by 2035 all new cars sold have to be electric. This could be an opining for Elio it less expensive and can be charged at home without a charging station. Now if Elio could only find the money. Again it cost nothing to dream. Lets always have hope.
Not exactly. Up to 20% of the vehicles can be hybrid. They have no plans on how to reduce the used gas car market other than attrition. So there may be a market for California to "import" used cars.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here I go again Crazy California is passing a law that by 2035 all new cars sold have to be electric. This could be an opining for Elio it less expensive and can be charged at home without a charging station. Now if Elio could only find the money. Again it cost nothing to dream. Let's always have hope.
Uh-Huh. And how many times in the past have they tried this? I seem to recall about 20 years ago that they were going to prohibit internal combustion engines in the state. That included cars, trucks, motorcycles, tractors, lawn mowers, chain saws, string trimmers, and on and on.......

Top Bottom