• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio/iav Engine Dyno Testing

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just emailed EM about this! I have heard, from multiple sources, that there is a delay. However, I can't find anything to confirm this!?! I've been waiting for this, but the lack of notification from EM leads me to believe that it has indeed been delayed! :'(
I think the other way. I assume things will happen as planned until I hear differently from EM. :-) Z

CaribbeanZombie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
But I heard it on the internet. It MUST be true!!!!
Actually, on Driver's Talk radio with Rick Titus #751, PAUL ELIO gives the November 15th date! Skip to 19:00 into the program & you can hear Paul give the date himself! This is just one location where the Nov 15th date is given...I'm sure there are more! So according to EM, Paul Elio is NOT a credible source for info on the Elio!?!
I know...I was the ONLY one who thought dyno testing was today, right?!?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, you're not the only one jhog. But Zelio has hinted before now there would be a delay. And yes, Paul did say the 15th, but folks ... there are ZERO chances being taken with this engine. Anything less than 100% nominal means STOP until diagnosed and fixed. Minor delays are normal for engineering development, however ravenous our particular little pack of wolves may be. Or maybe we're more like a nest full of baby birds crying "feed me, feed me" all the time.

I'm disappointed, too, but yes, it IS a Saturday. One question I have -- where is the testing being done? I believe it's at IAV, but am not sure.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
based on recent observations, EM (wisely) doesn't release info until after the fact and things have gone well .... it was acknowledged that it has been assembled, spun, and taken apart for testing, since then nothing .... the fully assembled motor was reported to be unveiled at SEMA, didn't happen .... hopefully all's well .... regardless, we will know what they want us to know, when they want us to know it

Jim

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
based on recent observations, EM (wisely) doesn't release info until after the fact and things have gone well .... it was acknowledged that it has been assembled, spun, and taken apart for testing, since then nothing .... the fully assembled motor was reported to be unveiled at SEMA, didn't happen .... hopefully all's well .... regardless, we will know what they want us to know, when they want us to know it

Jim
Th relevant segment starts at 12:30 into the program

Top Bottom