• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio/iav Engine Dyno Testing

Kegger

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I highly doubt the frame will be dipped in paint. Have you ever seen a part that was dipped in paint? It would be covered in drips and runs...it's probably going to be dipped in some sort of rust proofer...
Yuppers, should be similar to what other manufacturers do for trucks and other vehicles with frames. Usually has a kind of a matt black finish.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Even one of Elio's biggest nay-sayers is starting to come around now.
Elio Motors Shows Off its Engine, For Realsies

http://gas2.org/2015/01/15/elio-motors-shows-off-engine-realsies/

my favorite quote from the link, "despite what many of the companies early nay-sayers and detractors (myself, included!) had anticipated, the thing looks like an actual, usable, for-real car engine!" .... there are many steps left in the journey but its clear progress is being made

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I highly doubt the frame will be dipped in paint. Have you ever seen a part that was dipped in paint? It would be covered in drips and runs...it's probably going to be dipped in some sort of rust proofer...

Snapper lawn mowers are dipped in paint. They hose off the excess but the paint sticks to that frame like it's nobody's business. I'm not 100% sure but I think they electrocoat the paint using the attractive nature to get the paint to stick. They literally hose them off with water as they are coming out of the stuff.

Top Bottom