• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Is Going To Give Away Gas Cards

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, but be aware that it gives you bonus entry time if you go through Facebook and your "friends" on there.

I know there are members that don't have, and won't use Facebook; which makes it a little unfair to those who don't.
You'll still get a chance, just the odds are against it.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with Facebook. When you sign up, it gives you a referral link. Then you get people to click the referral link by posting it wherever you can. Like this forum. The link Johnny posted is his personal referral link. Clicking it and joining their program gives him a referral.

Not that I'm against referrals, but you could at least have warned us that joining by clicking your link would give you a referral. Maybe I wanted to give that to someone specific.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nothing sinister here, it's just a way to encourage people who know about Elio, to tell 10 other people about Elio, and have those people tell 10 people. If I get a few seconds head start, what is the worth? I bet nothing. I bet the people with the fastest internet connection will win. The real winners will be the people who find out about Elio and do something about it, like make a reservation.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just a cynic but that seems like just farming contact info. Expect lots of junk mail, both electronic and snail. And a bump in the number of telemarketer calls right in the middle of dinner.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And that surprises you how?
I lose too. Don't really like this particular promo. Especially since I do not use a smartphone. If I wanted to race I would get a DUCATI not an ELIO. I think they could have come up with a better way to give away. Something creative for the entrants.
I don't like anything that involves Facebook and so called "friends".

The telemarketer calls don't bother me, I have a backlister program for my phone, and I use CloudMark as a email spam filter (one of the few I found that actually works.)

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It certainly does not suit my tastes, but Elio will market to a lot of different types so it doesn't bother me. It's the car of the COMMON man like the Volkswagen used to be when it started in Germany before they got all hoyde toyde..

Top Bottom