• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Kit, Would You Still Buy?

What would you pay for such a kit?

• $6,200

Votes: 25 21.9%
  • $6,800

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • $7,400

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • $8,000

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • $8,600

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $9,200

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • heck no!

Votes: 73 64.0%

• Total voters

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm in!! send me a kit. It would be almost as good as getting an Erector set for Christmas!!:)
Hi Farm Boy. Every time I see your avatar I am reminded of a farm I go by on the way to Eugene, OR. It is located just outside of Cottage Grove. They have one or more rows of tractors and other old farm equipment stretching from one side of a field to the other. It is fascinating to see all of that stuff very neatly displayed on the other side of the fence from I-5. :-) Z

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm in!! send me a kit. It would be almost as good as getting an Erector set for Christmas!!:)
Interesting, 2 cylinder, multi-fuel, unstyled Model B (A?) - needs Green Paint. Would produce a really "cool" sound if the engine was sized for an Elio! But, magneto fired engines don't seem to be in favor any more with the exception of gasoline fueled airplane engines.

Farm Boy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Its a "B" 1937. Grandpa bought it new on steel with a cultivator and a plow, its spread out all over my shop right now getting restored. I have the plow, cultivator and the steel wheels that came with it to. Yes it dose sound cool and with a mag ignition you never have to worry about a dead battery! A 2 cylinder Elio??? maybe we are on to something! LOL:p

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Its a "B" 1937. Grandpa bought it new on steel with a cultivator and a plow, its spread out all over my shop right now getting restored. I have the plow, cultivator and the steel wheels that came with it to. Yes it dose sound cool and with a mag ignition you never have to worry about a dead battery! A 2 cylinder Elio??? maybe we are on to something! LOL:p
Good on you! Gone to change your avatar when it's back on steel? Can only hope the Elio is at least half as durable as the old "popping johnnys"! In the middle of no where, hand propping a mag fired "Cub" engine beats walking home or the embarrassment of search and rescue! How about a really "owner friendly" servicable Elio engine and drive train.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good on you! Gone to change your avatar when it's back on steel? Can only hope the Elio is at least half as durable as the old "popping johnnys"! In the middle of no where, hand propping a mag fired "Cub" engine beats walking home or the embarrassment of search and rescue! How about a really "owner friendly" servicable Elio engine and drive train.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seeing that Elio Motors is not likely to raise its 200M by next year, would you still buy if the business model changed to producing a kit version?

Assume kit includes:

• frame, chassis, doors, hinges
  • Signals, mirrors, exterior lights, glass
  • Interior bits--dash, HVAC controls with flaps, heater, AC box, fan, blank port for radio/GPS/electronics
  • Reinforced engine and transmission mount points and customizable hardware for most transverse 3 or 4 cylinder donor engines, including fluid-filled pendulum style mount bushings. Includes "dog-bone" bushings and various mounting points to prevent front/back engine swing.
  • exhaust mount hangers and brackets with many mount locations and heat shielding kit.
  • Emblems, paint options, protective coatings options.
  • Latches, locks, pre-keyed. Hood and trunk struts as options.
  • Recommended tire and wheel list.
  • Suspension components with options for tune-ability.
  • Brakes or brake recommendations for 'plug & play' friendliness.
  • Engine/transmission recommended list with build sheets and wiring harness rewiring guides.
  • gas tank or bladder with mounts and pumps.
  • Shipping to your front door
If you had to provide the drivetrain and integrate it, would you buy?

Please be open-minded and just treat this as a "what if?" question.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For What It's Worth: this is probably highly valuable data for EM--don't be surprised if they are secretly trying to gather this data...current business model is overly dependent on inexperienced parts suppliers that know NOTHING of manufacturing vehicles. No shop, no money, no distribution centers, broken supply chain, no hiring, no execution plan beyond R&D means EM has about a 0.3% chance of successful launch with current business plan.

At least if they offer a kit version, they could sell tens or hundreds of thousands of them!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seeing that Elio Motors is not likely to raise its 200M by next year, would you still buy if the business model changed to producing a kit version?

Assume kit includes:

• frame, chassis, doors, hinges
  • Signals, mirrors, exterior lights, glass
  • Interior bits--dash, HVAC controls with flaps, heater, AC box, fan, blank port for radio/GPS/electronics
  • Reinforced engine and transmission mount points and customizable hardware for most transverse 3 or 4 cylinder donor engines, including fluid-filled pendulum style mount bushings. Includes "dog-bone" bushings and various mounting points to prevent front/back engine swing.
  • exhaust mount hangers and brackets with many mount locations and heat shielding kit.
  • Emblems, paint options, protective coatings options.
  • Latches, locks, pre-keyed. Hood and trunk struts as options.
  • Recommended tire and wheel list.
  • Suspension components with options for tune-ability.
  • Brakes or brake recommendations for 'plug & play' friendliness.
  • Engine/transmission recommended list with build sheets and wiring harness rewiring guides.
  • gas tank or bladder with mounts and pumps.
  • Shipping to your front door
If you had to provide the drivetrain and integrate it, would you buy?

Please be open-minded and just treat this as a "what if?" question.
Since I am a senior and handicapped, this simply would not be an option for me. I do just fine with a sewing machine but know very little about a car/autocycle/vehicle. :-) Z

Top Bottom