• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors A Billion Dollar Company

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With all the wacky (I think) trades of ELIO it didn't strike me until today, seeing the stock rise to $75 then settle back to $60, and so it appears Elio Motors is now a small cap stock... worth right around a $ billion.

Who would have thunk it? I'm thinking if those engineering vehicles perform reasonably well, we're looking at a some stars aligning for the ATVM loan.

Anyone else wondering about how the high stock is effecting the value of the company?

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With all the wacky (I think) trades of ELIO it didn't strike me until today, seeing the stock rise to $75 then settle back to $60, and so it appears Elio Motors is now a small cap stock... worth right around a $ billion.

Who would have thunk it? I'm thinking if those engineering vehicles perform reasonably well, we're looking at a some stars aligning for the ATVM loan.

Anyone else wondering about how the high stock is effecting the value of the company?

Like you, I have been wondering. It seems like "instant equity" to me...once the "roller coaster" levels out a bit. But I am definitely no expert.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a mirage. If over all the years we only have 17k +/-, 1k all ins, it is impossible for this to occur. What I do find curious, if the company is now "worth" a billion, now's a perfect time for an exit strategy for those folks holding a heap of shares. Doesn't this, if true, make the insiders very wealthy. O K I'll say it, doesn't this make Paul VERY wealthy

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Maybe it's my eyes, but I see potential vs. actual value.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I believe you are exactly right, once all of the tests are done and we are moving on.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a mirage. If over all the years we only have 17k +/-, 1k all ins, it is impossible for this to occur. What I do find curious, if the company is now "worth" a billion, now's a perfect time for an exit strategy for those folks holding a heap of shares. Doesn't this, if true, make the insiders very wealthy. O K I'll say it, doesn't this make Paul VERY wealthy

It's not a mirage, it's how things are done.... the number of outstanding shares multiplied by the stock price. That is not to say the stock value will stay up, it might tank tomorrow, or maybe it will march back on up to $75. :confused:

PE and gang will be wealthy, on paper, sometime after 90 to 180 days from the date the stock went onto the exchange when in theory they could sell their stock after that wait period, yes. :eek:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe it's my eyes, but I see potential vs. actual value.
Actual market capitalization is outstanding shares multiplied by the stock value.... EM is officially small cap.

2760cb8700ea04bfab31c650410846ae522405d6f6d61fb605fabad35f538314.jpg

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

But who owns most of that $billion dollars? The people who purchased the Reg A stock own a tiny portion of the company. Who owns the rest of the company.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But who owns most of that $billion dollars? The people who purchased the Reg A stock own a tiny portion of the company. Who owns the rest of the company.
Paul owns the company and any shares held by the company ( shares not yet released for sale.) I can't imagine Paul selling more than 49% so he keeps control of the company @ 51%.

Go Elio! :cool:;)

Top Bottom