• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors announces electric vehicle production in Shreveport

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Found this statement interesting: "The Elio will be nicely equipped with power windows, power door locks, air conditioning and cruise control, accompanied by the safety of multiple air-bags and an aerodynamic, enclosed vehicle body." They say "door locks" as plural. Perhaps they are looking at what Marks BEX is looking like?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Found this statement interesting: "The Elio will be nicely equipped with power windows, power door locks, air conditioning and cruise control, accompanied by the safety of multiple air-bags and an aerodynamic, enclosed vehicle body." They say "door locks" as plural. Perhaps they are looking at what Marks BEX is looking like?
EM has shown computer drawings of the vehicle's frame. Earlier drawings showed a solid bar on the drivers right side. The last drawing I saw showed an opening on the right side that was identical to the left side opening where the door goes.
I believe they are placing a door on the right side, but to be used as an emergency escape door. It has been pointed out that an occupant would not be able to escape if it the left wheel was knocked off and it landed on the left side. I do not believe it would be used to enter and exit, but rather just and escape hatch.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm skeptical. 150 miles is adequate range for almost all commuters, but way short of the 600 miles the gas version was supposed to get. Still, I hope they get SOMETHING out the damn door this time. Nice to be back.

Reaction score
I'm skeptical. 150 miles is adequate range for almost all commuters, but way short of the 600 miles the gas version was supposed to get. Still, I hope they get SOMETHING out the damn door this time. Nice to be back.
I agree Ekh. BTW, are you considering coming to our sit down Chat & Chew Saturday October 16th at 2 oclock, Cracker Barrel in Rootstown 44272?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, this electrified version of ELIO will beat the SOLO hands down on range and 2 seats but seriously, why waste another 5-10 years waiting...one can get a low mileage LEAF for the same price, readily available and backed by NISSAN.

Top Bottom