• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Appealing $500k Fine

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, its not like I want to post bad news, but at least its news:

https://www.businessreport.com/article/elio-motors-fined-500k

"The Louisiana Motor Vehicle Commission has accused Elio Motors of breaking state law and fined the startup $545,000 for operating as a manufacturer/dealer of recreational products without a license."

Oh, and apparently the lawyers (Elio's) don't know where our reservation $$$ went...

Its like they really don't want this vehicle to succeed.
old news

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, its not like I want to post bad news, but at least its news:

https://www.businessreport.com/article/elio-motors-fined-500k

"The Louisiana Motor Vehicle Commission has accused Elio Motors of breaking state law and fined the startup $545,000 for operating as a manufacturer/dealer of recreational products without a license."

Oh, and apparently the lawyers (Elio's) don't know where our reservation $$$ went...

Its like they really don't want this vehicle to succeed.

Another repeat of "news"....People, please read through the forum before reposting old news trying to stir things up. This is becoming more of a trend.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the real issue with the Louisiana Motor Commission is to block Tesla from selling in the state. If Elio is successful than that opens the door for Tesla and anybody else that wants to sell motor vehicles without a dealership network. Louisiana Motor Commission is notorious for NOT being auto manufacturer friendly, but very dealer bias.

TMOSteel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another repeat of "news"....People, please read through the forum before reposting old news trying to stir things up. This is becoming more of a trend.

Wow, well as I said, I didn't see anything in the news about it, as in there is no thread about this story. I also apologized ("my bad") but in all honesty a new topic should have its own thread/heading, in my opinion.

I can see the stock taking a dive isn't the only thing going downhill...

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When contacting Elio about the Louisiana fines, they simply say to read the blog. No information. Has anyone heard what the final outcome of the courts decision was? Anything? Still ongoing?

Top Bottom