• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors - Caddo Parish Meeting On 1/15/15

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Caddo Parish Commissioner Ken Epperson says he has invited Elio CEO and the owners of the GM plant to a meeting later this month to answer questions the public may have.

The meeting will happen on January 15, 2015 from 6 p.m.- 8 p.m. at the American Rose Center located at 8877 Jefferson Paige Road in Shreveport."

Source: http://www.ksla.com/story/27744546/elio-motors-slated-to-begin-production-in-2015

Is anyone here attending this meeting?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio Motors gets invited to these every six months or so to provide an update to the council who is interested to hear the progress and wants them to bring jobs to the area. Paul Elio has shown up in person in the past or joined via phone. Not generally a big deal but occasionally provides some new tidbit of information.

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors gets invited to these every six months or so to provide an update to the council...

Have the past meetings been held outside Commission chambers? Open to questions from the general public?

I have reached out to Elio Motors for clarification on participants. I will post any reply ASAP.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Have the past meetings been held outside Commission chambers? Open to questions from the general public?

I have reached out to Elio Motors for clarification on participants. I will post any reply ASAP.

Some of them we only found out afterwards because of meeting minutes and some have been public like this one.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

Here is the same kind of public meeting Paul Elio attended via phone in early October.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/money/business/2014/10/08/elio-assures-make-wheeler/16894951/

Quote from that recent meeting showing Epperson is supportive of EM:

“We are well underway. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, this thing is going to happen,” Epperson told the audience at the end of the conversation.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I was an Elio Motors supporting Caddo Parrish Commissioner voting to invest millions of taxpayer dollars I would be more interested in a detailed production timeline than I am as a pre-order customer. I would want to see activity and hiring at the plant ASAP to get my local economy moving forward. I'm not concerned about my Elio delivery 2015 or 16 but I would be a pain in the butt Commissioner wanting to get questions answered regarding progress and timelines to production.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I was an Elio Motors supporting Caddo Parrish Commissioner voting to invest millions of taxpayer dollars I would be more interested in a detailed production timeline than I am as a pre-order customer. I would want to see activity and hiring at the plant ASAP to get my local economy moving forward. I'm not concerned about my Elio delivery 2015 or 16 but I would be a pain in the butt Commissioner wanting to get questions answered regarding progress and timelines to production.

I totally agree with that. Elio owes a lot more answers to the Parrish than to us. They invested a lot of money in the plant and allowed Elio to lease it.

Top Bottom