• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors @ New York Auto Show 2015

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's something to consider -- let's assume that the SEC regs do change, and smaller investors can ante up. This stock is really an all-or-nothing gamble, because even if the company doesn't fold, unless it's a huge success, there's no market for your stock -- you can't even sell it for a loss because there's no market for it and no one to buy it (if it's failing or unsuccessful). It has, in stock brokering terms, no liquidity.

That's why I like the idea of offsetting the risk of the stock by applying some or all of the investment money towards your first Elio. It would actually make your money more of a secured loan -- secured by the car itself, at least in part. You could still lose it all if the car never goes to production, but if it DOES go to production, you could actually see a pretty good return on money you were going to spend anyway (the money for the car itself, of course). For example, let's say you're all in for 1K. You invest another $5K, some of which will be applied towards your purchase commitment. Your Elio will now cost you $800 (plus tax, delivery and options). You've pre-spent the money, but you get some portion of it back in rolling hardware -- rolling stock, if you prefer the term -- provided the production line ever starts.

I have no notion of whether such tactics are possible, legal, or even something Elio Motors would like to do. But they need cash now, and that might be one way to raise some.

What do you all think?

By the way, OT, On Wisconsin! About time somebody stomped on my neighbors to the South.
Check out the post I put up earlier super 5k- much along the same thinking

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Did the P4 get a new paint job for NY? The pics I'm seeing it looks much "deeper" than in the past. I know IAV was freshening it up, looks like they did a heck of a job on it from here.

We have not been told if it was painted, as Josh mentioned that can be hard to tell as the color changes depending on lighting, however at the very least it was definitely given a very thorough buffing as it does really shine in those photos. The interior was also thoroughly detailed with a few changes we know about such as a new drivers seat as the old one was having issues from the very heavy abuse it receives and the tablet mount for the Skyz system has been changed.

One thing that was apparently overlooked for some reason was the engine compartment. I know it is not the final engine however it appears to have been ignored as it did not look very good in photos from the show.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Two kinds of business personalities in the world: the likeable kind I want to have coffee with and talk BS about the Elio that's Paul Elio. I feel I could invite PE for a backyard BBQ.
2. The kind that appeal to the rich and famous with a knack for fundraising that radiate confidence and getting shit done, that's Elon Musk. NO backyard BBQ for him.

I believe I will change my tagline to "NO backyard BBQ for Musk." I like it!

Last edited:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Does anybody know how many $1000 all-in investors there are at the moment? I've seen varying numbers on this. Paul said, if memory serves, that there are some 14,000 all-inners, but did he mean at the $1,000 level? If that all there are, it's not a big pool to draw from in seeking additional investment, because, after all, we're already taking a risk. But maybe there would be enough to help out, though I doubt there'd be enough to swing the prototypes into action.

I can see investors who are all-inners being given a direct application of the money to their vehicle cost (pre-paying, in effect) PLUS dividend-bearing stock. People mainly invest for capital growth or dividend (income). Pre-paying for a car isn't, strictly speaking, an investment.

G1, are you seriously saying that the cost of labor, materials, and overhead to build an Elio is only around $4,000? That's really hard to believe! Or is your profit estimate perhaps including CAFE credits?

I've recently seen a number of about 14,000 stated, IIRC a quote from an EM source, Vasallo or Elio.

Top Bottom