• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors On Facebook, Suggested An Article For Destination Charges

Kuda

Elio Addict
Snipped: [The Elio is no hard tail.:)

upload_2014-11-28_15-32-53.jpeg

tazairforce

Elio Addict
View attachment 3621
The Elio has the seat out of a Ford Mustang. I have a friend here in Ohio, A Nam Vet, him and his 59 year old wife drove to Sturgis last year and back on a hard tail. The Elio is no hard tail.:)

I admire the "Hard Core/Old School Riders', That was the way it Was, 'back in the Day'. Riding 'Hard Tailed Bikes' may be the reason 'Preporation H' is still in business!!lol
I asked, at the Sturgis 72nd, bikers with hard tail/clean bikes, 'Where did you find a place to stay?'
Some said they stayed at a camp ground, 100/200 miles out. Well then, 'How did your trailer hold up on the trip??'. 'It did good, but it was a LongHaul'.
I rode up from Boulder, to Mecca, on a slammed Dyna, it was covered with road grim, bugs and like to have Beat me to Death. A dirty bike, after a Long ride is like a 'Badge of Honor', in my way of thinking.
Rode back to Boulder, loaded up and rode back to Georgia in a Harley Ford truck towing the bikes.
Life IS good in the Fast Lane.
I'll ride the Wing to the 75th, it will be a lot easier on the body.lol

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I admire the "Hard Core/Old School Riders', That was the way it Was, 'back in the Day'. Riding 'Hard Tailed Bikes' may be the reason 'Preporation H' is still in business!!lol
I asked, at the Sturgis 72nd, bikers with hard tail/clean bikes, 'Where did you find a place to stay?'
Some said they stayed at a camp ground, 100/200 miles out. Well then, 'How did your trailer hold up on the trip??'. 'It did good, but it was a LongHaul'.

we spend the summer in our camper in eastern South Dakota .... for the last 3 years we have been on the road making our way from SD to NC on the weekend that Sturgis is breaking up .... we never cease to be amazed at the number of bikes we see on the interstates all the way back to St Louis and beyond .... it will be interesting to see how long after EM goes into production to see them in the mix .... we also routinely see numbers of bikers at rest areas and they often give every appearance of fellows who are very happy to be off of their bikes for a while .... from the first one of my major concerns has been the quality of ride that one will experience in an Elio .... back problems forced me to part with my last bike .... my hope is the Elio will have a ride that will make it a pleasure to use on long drives .... time will tell

Jim