• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Town Hall Meeting With Paul Elio - August 16, 2014

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I do find the numbers fascinating. Imagine, if just 1% of all drivers is the marketing -saturation- level, i.e. every driver who wants one, at 200m drivers, that's 1 million Elios in the USA. How long does it take to supply those at 250k? 4Years. And then replacements start to affect the counts.

If no competitors show up, and the cost stays the same, I suspect it's more like 10%. Will 60k or even 250k be enough? So I was calculating, if they wanted to expand to the max at the current plant, how big could that be?

The supposition here is that the Elio is a reliable vehicle with no serious caveats.

Does anyone know, of the 200m drivers, how many actually drive to work and school daily, over 30mi?
It looks like there are just under 130 million commuters in the USA and 23% of those commute 20 or more miles each way which is about 30 million commuters who are perfectly situated to take advantage of an Elio.

Data provided by: http://www.statisticbrain.com/commute-statistics/

There is definitely a huge potential market for Elio owners among commuters alone as 1% of 30 million commuters is 300,000 which is more than Elio Motors has stated they would produce per year and this is ignoring any other markets.

I am sure if EM was selling these things like crazy they would find ways to expand production likely starting with some weekend shifts which if you added two eight hours shift per weekend day would produce 2000 extra vehicles per week or over 100,000 extra vehicles per year. At this point I am sure EM would also be exploring options for another production line in Shreveport or another plant somewhere else as it would be needed to keep up with demand in the US alone let alone expand overseas. This is a problem I am sure we all hope they have.(:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 2571

Here is a photo of a Lord Elgin watch. I believe they were popular in the forties or fifties. :cool:
Yes, that is the Lord Elgin watch but we have not seen the final Elgin dash and there is an entire thread dedicated to how much people hate them. It is many pages long so if you are interested in some venting, that is a good place to start. :-) Z

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, that is the Lord Elgin watch but we have not seen the final Elgin dash and there is an entire thread dedicated to how much people hate them. It is many pages long so if you are interested in some venting, that is a good place to start. :) Z
... but you could wear a Lord Elgin watch in support of Elio!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
View attachment 2571

Here is a photo of a Lord Elgin watch which seems to have inspired Paul's instrument panel design. I believe they were popular in the forties or fifties. :cool:

I remember them all too well .... didn't care for the watch back then, feel the same about the dash version that has been shown .... if Elio Motors does in fact listen to its customers' opinions, it won't be an issue .... if not and to paraphrase, its "my way or the highway" then what their customers want doesn't matter .... time will tell

Jim

Top Bottom