• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio needs a new plant

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Interested

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I read an article today and it shows that back in July, 1M sqft was leased out to a company. Before that 600K sqft was leased out to another company. Hyundai Glovis is still there. So all of that plant has been leased out. Elio was leasing 1.3M sqft. That is over and they will need to find a new manufacturing facility.

https://gov.louisiana.gov/index.cfm/newsroom/detail/4206

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/sto...he-former-gm-property-shreveport/70107649007/
Thanks for the info. At one time I asked about buying some of the robots but got no response. As old as they are now they are probably scrap.
Wonder if Paul Elio will make any kind of announcement soon. Doubt it.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The plan always was to share some of the factory space. They was hoping to share some of it with their own suppliers to make transporting of goods easy. If Paul does build the Elio, perhaps space will be available when/if he is ready for production.

It's good to see the space being put to good use and jobs created, instead of valuable factory space just wasted.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The plan always was to share some of the factory space. They was hoping to share some of it with their own suppliers to make transporting of goods easy. If Paul does build the Elio, perhaps space will be available when/if he is ready for production.

It's good to see the space being put to good use and jobs created, instead of valuable factory space just wasted.
From what I read, the whole plant is leased out. I assume that since Elio motors has not paid a lease payment since around 2016, that he got kicked out. Plus, the equipment has been defaulted for about that long, thus probably like when you don;t pay for your loan on a car. It goes back to the note holder. Good news is they will not be increasing their debt by $18M per year as being out of those agreements, they can go somewhere else. I'm thinking where Lordstown Motors is. They could build them there as that company is failing. So give it to Elio and have them give a shot at it.

Another option is to look into Arcimoto. Once they sell the plant, someone else could lease part of the plant (Arcimoto only uses 10% of it) and fire up operations there. Maybe Arcimoto can help Elio with those EV batteries that only take 10 minutes to recharge. Imaging having three days of electric and it only take 10 minutes to refill them. You could do that at home and have a fully charged EV with no problem. It's not as good as the gas version with 650 mile range and takes 5 minutes to recharge but investors will like the Elio specs. Once the Elio-E get up into production, the Elio-G will be in production. I see maybe Q3 of 2024 for this to happen.

Interested

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
From what I read, the whole plant is leased out. I assume that since Elio motors has not paid a lease payment since around 2016, that he got kicked out. Plus, the equipment has been defaulted for about that long, thus probably like when you don;t pay for your loan on a car. It goes back to the note holder. Good news is they will not be increasing their debt by $18M per year as being out of those agreements, they can go somewhere else. I'm thinking where Lordstown Motors is. They could build them there as that company is failing. So give it to Elio and have them give a shot at it.

Another option is to look into Arcimoto. Once they sell the plant, someone else could lease part of the plant (Arcimoto only uses 10% of it) and fire up operations there. Maybe Arcimoto can help Elio with those EV batteries that only take 10 minutes to recharge. Imaging having three days of electric and it only take 10 minutes to refill them. You could do that at home and have a fully charged EV with no problem. It's not as good as the gas version with 650 mile range and takes 5 minutes to recharge but investors will like the Elio specs. Once the Elio-E get up into production, the Elio-G will be in production. I see maybe Q3 of 2024 for this to happen.
IF he gets funding. Doubtful.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IF he gets funding. Doubtful.
Without the cash burn of the fines and penalties from the Caddo Parish and the banks, they stand a good chance. The OH Governor is happy about the product and it's chances in Lordstown. I bet he is in better shapes as he's not bankrupt like Lordstown is. So, this could be a great restart of Elio Motors. Hopefully Paul reports on this soon as it would a boost for the company.

Interested

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Without the cash burn of the fines and penalties from the Caddo Parish and the banks, they stand a good chance. The OH Governor is happy about the product and it's chances in Lordstown. I bet he is in better shapes as he's not bankrupt like Lordstown is. So, this could be a great restart of Elio Motors. Hopefully Paul reports on this soon as it would a boost for the company.
Unfortunately, the engineering still isn't done and Paul will make all kinds of excuses. Things like the battery costs are still too high, the range isn't good enough, can't get parts because supply chain is restricted. Perhaps he expects a pity party. Even if Paul were to pull out a small miracle and make the vehicle I would not buy one from him. Absolutely do not trust him now.

Reaction score
Dreams DO come true. I met Steve Burns years ago, here in Warren, Ohio and planted Elio Motors in his brain. I was wearing my Elio-Ohio T-shirt and a push-up bra. Last week I started having dreams of Steve Burns and his gorgeous blue eyes and long wrap around legs. Last week, Steve Burns offered to BUY the now defunked Lordstown motors.
If we show up at the bankruptcy court hearings wearing our Elio T-shirt, it would greatly make an impression and push this dream into reality. Hocus Pocus my friends, it's October. Lets play a game.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dreams DO come true. I met Steve Burns years ago, here in Warren, Ohio and planted Elio Motors in his brain. I was wearing my Elio-Ohio T-shirt and a push-up bra. Last week I started having dreams of Steve Burns and his gorgeous blue eyes and long wrap around legs. Last week, Steve Burns offered to BUY the now defunked Lordstown motors.
If we show up at the bankruptcy court hearings wearing our Elio T-shirt, it would greatly make an impression and push this dream into reality. Hocus Pocus my friends, it's October. Lets play a game.
Steve Burns just bought the assets, not the plant. So, he has the Lordstown tooling and equipment but not the actual plant itself. The plant is owned by Foxconn. So, Elio would need to do a lease with Foxconn. It might be a great deal as Foxconn makes iPhones. So this would be a better integration as opposed to the now defunct company Elio had for full integration with iPads. It's that Paul needs to talk to Foxconn and get this going. Have Burns move out that EV pickup stuff and move in the Elio EV machinery. Make that EV version which will fund the gas version. I just hope people are not turned off when Paul makes a deal with a Chinese company and people go sour on te deal and do not want a Chinese influenced Elio.

Top Bottom