• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Owners Southeast Rally

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like most bikers, I have heard of the Dragon, have a few buds that have been on it, but from what I've seen there is just too much traffic and most of it is people in cars and on bikes trying to beat the other buy on a bike or car...not real sure I'd wanna go..plus I do have some curvy roads around here that aren't a 2500 mile one way trip to ride on.
Same here. In fact 1 1/2 miles from my apartment the curvy roads begin going to the coast. Awesome drive. :-) Z

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That would be great, It is a bit of a drive fro Colorado, but at 84 miles to gal it is affordable and with an enclosure, not as weather dependent. It would be great to take an Elio on the Dragons Tail. That isnt to far away and the twisties would make for a fun ride and funny looks from 2 wheelers.

azurehenfruit

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, October '15 was a pre-delay post. I suppose I could change it to April '16, everything is in bloom and waterfalls are at their maximum rate, but the weather is simply too variable. October '16 it is.

Asheville is a very convenient distance for us. Let’s not forget the magnificent rhododendron on the Parkway, and in the vicinity of Mount Mitchell in June!

Maybe the first Elio to climb Mount Mitchell??

Charles Stanley

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Not sure what October we are referring to. I seriously doubt that we will have our Elios by the end of October of 2015. My wishful thinking would like that to happen. Until Elio is approved for the big loan they are seeking, all bets are off on any production starting in a times anyone can guess. I'd lie my Elio yesterday, but the fact is each day we wait is another day added to the unknown starting date of the production line. Elio is to smart to state that production will start on (insert the month you think production will start in 2015). While many keep throwing around months like July, and Sept of 2015, their logic as posted on various forums and blogs is speculative at best. but back to the question...... Well would i be interested in such a rally/ group get together, yes. The problem for me is i do not tolerate long trips well, so my likelihood of going more than 4 hours is doubtful.

BillZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Count me in, let's round 'em up! Iron Horse Lodge in Robbinsville, NC in October 2016 sounds most excellent!

I've riden many miles on my motorcycle but have never attended any gatherings. However, I have read quite a bit as those rides develop and many riders volunteer to map out adventure routes to be riden during the event as well as coordinate a group dinner or BBQ as a culminating event for the gathering. Usually, these volunteers are from the area or have contacts in that area allowing them to faciltate organization/arrangements.

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Count me in, let's round 'em up! Iron Horse Lodge in Robbinsville, NC in October 2016 sounds most excellent!

I've riden many miles on my motorcycle but have never attended any gatherings. However, I have read quite a bit as those rides develop and many riders volunteer to map out adventure routes to be riden during the event as well as coordinate a group dinner or BBQ as a culminating event for the gathering. Usually, these volunteers are from the area or have contacts in that area allowing them to faciltate organization/arrangements.
CanAm does this annually for all the Spyder Owners. It is a free weekend gathering and they have a catered lunch and dinner to go over Spyder issues as well as thank owners for purchasing their Spyders. they have engineers and technicians there to go over problems or look at your spyder. they also have a customization contest with cash prizes. This Years was in Durango CO and had about 1000 spyders attend. I would love to see Elio have an Elio Drivers ride in after about a year to see how everyone has customized their rides. imagine seeing 1000 Parked in a giant pack and going through town.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like most bikers, I have heard of the Dragon, have a few buds that have been on it, but from what I've seen there is just too much traffic and most of it is people in cars and on bikes trying to beat the other buy on a bike or car...not real sure I'd wanna go..plus I do have some curvy roads around here that aren't a 2500 mile one way trip to ride on.

Wait a minute,,,, Exactly where do you live?

I think its great to have locals from the area like Critter, Joshua, TAAirforce, Charles Stanley and others who can assure advantages and conveniences to be had.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi! Jim from NC here. I would love to go! I've never done this either but sounds great!

Me neither. But sounds better than my planned Chernobyl tour.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/danieldalton/chilling-photos-chernobyl-28-years-later

Any offers for this used Chernobyl visiting Gear?

Screen+Shot+2013-10-21+at+6.04.21+PM.png

Top Bottom