• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio People

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have seen a Dodge commercial on television several times in the last few days. It shows a garden wedding being "interrupted" by people driving various Dodge vehicles into the ceremony. Knocking over tables and flowers and tearing up the lawn. I cannot imagine the type of person who would select a new Dodge or any brand of automobile on the basis of an ad like this. I imagine the people to whom this ad would appeal would steal their cars rather than buy them.
This comment is relevant to the Elio in several ways. First, I have been on quite a few forums in the past years and this one has the highest percentage of people I would like to call a friend. People who want to drive an Elio do not seem like they would enjoy driving off the road and ruining someone's wedding. Second, I have been trying to figure out the motivations of people who appear to have an unreasoning hatred for Elios and their future drivers. I think that a lot of Elio haters are bullies. They need an imposing vehicle to feel comfortable in a world that they think is populated by people like them. Telling people that they are going to lose their money reserving an Elio or buying stock in the company is a form of bullying.
Thanks Elio people for everything you have done and will do to make Elio a success.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Friends are a good thing to have, for sure! I hope I'm on your list Larry.

I've mentioned it on here before, w.r.t. the motivations for people telling us that we are going to lose our money, we are not smart, etc.

Many people, for some reason, feel like they need to let you know that you are going to (or already have) made a mistake. It makes them feel superior, sometimes even makes them feel like they are helping out in some way. And yes, even some of them enjoy being bullies. Why? Because we humans can be very good at a skill when we want to be. This skill happens to be excluding others from our own little circle.

All of us have encountered a bully at some point in our lives. Best way I've found to deal with them: don't give them the power, don't let them know that they are getting to you. Laugh it off, and move on.

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have found that many Bullies I have run across in my life were just plain spoiled, jealous of others and with a feeling of inadequacy and the only way they could deal with their feeling it was to try to be tougher than others.

Best way to deal with them as Jeff mentioned. "don't give them the power, don't let them know that they are getting to you. Laugh it off, and move on".

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are there really Elio Haters? I doubt it. I wonder who coined the term Elio Hater and the reason for doing so.

I may have coined the term EV hater.........just for fun. It seems EV haters really don't hate EV's........EV's just don't' meet an EV hater's personal needs and as a result can't meet anyone else's needs either. I don't think they really hate EV's nor do I think anyone really hates the friendly hello Elio concept.......they only question that it can be successfully produced and are dubbed Elio Haters. I could be mistaken.

We should just all be friendly and appreciate our individual three wheeler choices. "Go three wheels!" Paul Elio quote at the NY Auto Show's Arcimoto Booth.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have seen a Dodge commercial on television several times in the last few days. It shows a garden wedding being "interrupted" by people driving various Dodge vehicles into the ceremony. Knocking over tables and flowers and tearing up the lawn. I cannot imagine the type of person who would select a new Dodge or any brand of automobile on the basis of an ad like this. I imagine the people to whom this ad would appeal would steal their cars rather than buy them.
This comment is relevant to the Elio in several ways. First, I have been on quite a few forums in the past years and this one has the highest percentage of people I would like to call a friend. People who want to drive an Elio do not seem like they would enjoy driving off the road and ruining someone's wedding. Second, I have been trying to figure out the motivations of people who appear to have an unreasoning hatred for Elios and their future drivers. I think that a lot of Elio haters are bullies. They need an imposing vehicle to feel comfortable in a world that they think is populated by people like them. Telling people that they are going to lose their money reserving an Elio or buying stock in the company is a form of bullying.
Thanks Elio people for everything you have done and will do to make Elio a success.

One thing I do when I'm driving around is entertain myself by profiling people with the cars they drive (I know, politically incorrect. Now ask me if I care). I think you can tell a lot about someone from their choice of vehicle. The rules are not absolute but just represent high probability.

Take Chrysler Corporation cars. Chargers and Challengers are for speeding. You can add Mustangs to that group too. In a perfect world, the police would issue speeding tickets to the new owners before they leave the dealership. Then there's the Chrysler 300. A piece of junk wrapped in a pretty skin. The perfect car for the "want-a-be". "I wish I could afford a Bentley, but I have to settle for this. I sure hope everyone sees me."

A couple of years ago I thought I might need a full size pickup. I asked my mechanic if he had a favorite. He told me that if I wanted to make him rich, buy a Dodge. And if I wanted him to starve, buy a Toyota. I looked at him, grinned, and said "You're too fat anyway".

Last edited:

Richad

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I also have an observation about this. I own a 2016 Mazda CX-3 which is a car that moves. I'm somewhat an aggressive driver who drives 35,000 a year. Recently I purchased a 2008 Smart car Cabriolet with very little miles on it. As you may know a Smart Car is very tiny from the outside and I can feel other cars on my butt bullying me. I'm still an aggressive driver even with the Smart but I'm defensive and safe with anything I drive including my 1957 MGA

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
One thing I do when I'm driving around is entertain myself by profiling people with the cars they drive (I know, politically incorrect. Now ask me if I care). I think you can tell a lot about someone from their choice of vehicle. The rules are not absolute but just represent high probability.

Take Chrysler Corporation cars. Chargers and Challengers are for speeding. You can add Mustangs to that group too. In a perfect world, the police would issue speeding tickets to the new owners before they leave the dealership. Then there's the Chrysler 300. A piece of junk wrapped in a pretty skin. The perfect car for the "want-a-be". "I wish I could afford a Bentley, but I have to settle for this. I sure hope everyone sees me."

A couple of years ago I thought I might need a full size pickup. I asked my mechanic if he had a favorite. He told me that if I wanted to make him rich, buy a Dodge. And if I wanted him to starve, by a Toyota. I looked at him, grinned, and said "You're to fat anyway".
A 300 is Junk?? I take it you've never driven one. The 300, Charger, Challenger and Magnum are all the same car (LX platform) the only thing different on the Magnum was the rear suspension. The Magnum I had was thee best highway car I've driven.
And I never had any problems with it the 8 years I had it.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the general public reacts to the Elio when they first come out. But I think it will be short lived when Elio motors starts cranking out 250,000 a year and they become common place! " Oh there's another one of those 3 wheelers!"
You know you've made it when you get a magazine named after you; it this case though, it made just be a subset of 3 Wheeler.
But wouldn't it be cool to see "Elio Life" and devote the whole magazine to trips, mods, shows, events and accessories. :thumb:

Top Bottom