• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Reservation Map And Survey

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you going to clean up the data at some point? Apparently some people have reservations from the future. People are all over the map on capitalization, which is registering some states more than one. Not that it does much with the state info, but if you could graph the number of users per state that would be interesting. Drop the first/last name stats, production number stats (or maybe show the lowest and highest), city stats...

I realize that your stats page is just something that Google spits out by default and you probably haven't customized it at all.

Only 220 responses as of this moment. Not a good sample of the 17,000 reservations.
We don't have 17,000 members so we can't expect 17,000 responses. This particular map is for elioowners.com members and right now we are between 1100 and 1200. Some of them are totally inactive. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think my point was that there are only 220 responses and it's already a mess. :)
I think your focus on perfection is probably very important in your job. I have been there, done that. However, this is an informal survey to simply indicate where our members are located on the map. It is not perfect but it doesn't need to be. It is also to indicate the level of commitment. Personally I find it fascinating as is. I have caught a couple of errors and pointed them out to goofyone and he corrected them. That really is all that is needed. I am grateful to goofyone for providing this information to us. I am also glad Craig is encouraging people to enter their information. That will still mean a small sampling of only the people in our group but that is OK. They are the ones we communicate with on a daily basis and are the ones we are most likely to keep in touch with in the future.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, I'm just an a-hole with OCD. :D

Is there any reason it is just this little Elio clan? Could it be mentioned on the official Elio FB page? That may bring more grief than expected. :rolleyes:

I am not sure how powerful the Google Spreadsheet is. It might be easy, if it's like Excel, to automate the clean-up.

I am just thinking out loud. I think I have ADD as well, so I'll move along to the next thing in a second. :)

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think your focus on perfection is probably very important in your job. I have been there, done that. However, this is an informal survey to simply indicate where our members are located on the map. It is not perfect but it doesn't need to be. It is also to indicate the level of commitment. Personally I find it fascinating as is. I have caught a couple of errors and pointed them out to goofyone and he corrected them. That really is all that is needed. I am grateful to goofyone for providing this information to us. I am also glad Craig is encouraging people to enter their information. That will still mean a small sampling of only the people in our group but that is OK. They are the ones we communicate with on a daily basis and are the ones we are most likely to keep in touch with in the future.

Good morning zelio! Guess you are already in lala land, dreaming about your new, shiny, Creamsicle Elio, but why so early? It's only 12:30 out on the coast. o_O Which one, goofyone, or Craig, actually updates the reservation map; do you know? Not that important, but yesterday I actually filled out the "info" page for the second time, and this time I included my home town, and neither time have I been placed on the map. Hmmm. . . . . . . . Oh well, would go over to FB, but never have come to trust that site. Next time Ya chat with either of the 2 "big cheese" guys, see what's shaken in their trees. :confused:

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you going to clean up the data at some point? Apparently some people have reservations from the future. People are all over the map on capitalization, which is registering some states more than one. Not that it does much with the state info, but if you could graph the number of users per state that would be interesting. Drop the first/last name stats, production number stats (or maybe show the lowest and highest), city stats...

I realize that your stats page is just something that Google spits out by default and you probably haven't customized it at all.

Only 220 responses as of this moment. Not a good sample of the 17,000 reservations.

Good morning Ken. Where are you going to find 220 responses? Best I can find on the map is 206, and though I've filled out and submitted the info with update to location, my info has yet to appear?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The data transfer from the survey to the map is not fully automatic. I have to manually upload the updated spreadsheet into the map system which I try to do at least once each day however I may not always be available so on rare occasions it could be up to a few days before the data is uploaded.

I could have locked down the survey however I purposely left all fields optional and free form to avoid people thinking this was in some way an attempt to compile a list of Elio reservation holders for private marketing purposes. As a result of that decisions I expected somewhat scattered data and have so far made no attempt to change the data as entered unless the results were not displaying properly on the map or there was a request to update the information.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The data transfer from the survey to the map is not fully automatic. I have to manually upload the updated spreadsheet into the map system which I try to do at least once each day however I may not always be available so on rare occasions it could be up to a few days before the data is uploaded.

I could have locked down the survey however I purposely left all fields optional and free form to avoid people thinking this was in some way an attempt to compile a list of Elio reservation holders for private marketing purposes. As a result of that decisions I expected somewhat scattered data and have so far made no attempt to change the data as entered unless the results were not displaying properly on the map or there was a request to update the information.

Thanks goofyone. . . . . , I finally have a place on the map. Appreciate you, Sir. :cool:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, I'm just an a-hole with OCD. :D

Is there any reason it is just this little Elio clan? Could it be mentioned on the official Elio FB page? That may bring more grief than expected. :rolleyes:

I am not sure how powerful the Google Spreadsheet is. It might be easy, if it's like Excel, to automate the clean-up.

I am just thinking out loud. I think I have ADD as well, so I'll move along to the next thing in a second. :)
OCD? Shouldn't it be CDO... with the letters in alphabetical order like they should be? LOL

Top Bottom