• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Reservation Map And Survey

tommy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I am Not real excited about PEP BOYS..
..I needed an A/C fan replaced...They did it...AND hooked the wires up BACKWARD !
They didn't even know the fan was running in reverse !
I had to oversee the switching of the wires to correct it and they STILL did not know what was wrong.
Fred,I have seen problems like that myself. I had a radiator shop and worked on a/c also and had several cars come in with wiring problems on the a/c and cooling fans. Some had extra wiring to the battery and crazy stuff. Maybe the Elio will be simple and not give problems------Yeah.

Last edited:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
as an observation, I'm amazed that as of 9/21/14 there is only one person indicated in Raleigh, NC and only one in Fayetteville, NC .... I would have thought there would be many more in each city

Jim
Are you close enough to either to canvas the area and see just why that is so?

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some were southern engineered with extra wiring to the battery and crazy stuff. ------Yeah.
Would please explain all this stuff about batteries. You see I,m from the south and folks around here think I'm an electronic genius.
Trivia Question;
What is considered to be the first solid state device in electronics. This is not a joke or a trick question. As a matter of fact one was on display at the Electronic World Fair in Boston in 1970.
PS dont you really mean that those rigs were "cowboy rigged" from Abileen. LOL

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Are you close enough to either to canvas the area and see just why that is so?

we live between Raleigh and Fayetteville (closer to Raleigh) .... we hope to get to the Elio exhibit that is supposed to be in the Raleigh/Cary area in December .... I have no clue how to Canvas the area .... what I can say is I spoken to a bunch of folks and have yet to meet one who has ever heard of Elio Motors .... that doesn't mean there aren't any, there simply has to be .... the initial reaction I have gotten usually involves something like there is no way I'd drive something like that in Raleigh traffic .... hopefully as time goes by solid information will take hold

Jim

tommy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Would please explain all this stuff about batteries. You see I,m from the south and folks around here think I'm an electronic genius.
Trivia Question;
What is considered to be the first solid state device in electronics. This is not a joke or a trick question. As a matter of fact one was on display at the Electronic World Fair in Boston in 1970.
PS dont you really mean that those rigs were "cowboy rigged" from Abileen. LOL
Folks, as for the first solid state device,I don't know unless it is diode or a transistor. I am not an electronics expert. I am saying the original wiring was bypassed with a jumper to the battery instead of troubleshooting the system and replacing what the problem was. And you can call it "cowboy rigged" from "Abileen" if that is your choice of words.

Last edited:
Top Bottom