• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Suppliers

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ELIO has 23 suppliers, many supply the worlds largest automobile companies.

The following may not be a listing of 100% of the parts and some may be duplicated because some suppliers make the same items.
This was all I could find given the list of suppliers.
As you can infer this is an assembly process and not a manufacturing process.

ADMIRAL TOOL
steering columns, shift mechanisms, parking brake assemblies, rack and pinion steering, brackets, service brake assemblies
DAKOTA LIGHTING
interior molded panels and assemblies, IP modules and cluster, headliner, front headlight and rear tail light assemblies, lit 3D Elio graphic sill plate, Elio badge for hood, lighted vanity visor with map puddle light, back cargo light
EASTERN CATALYTIC
exhaust manifold, catalytic converter, exhaust pipes and hangers, muffler and tail pipe
FLAME SPRAY INDUSTRIES
flame spray cylinder bore lining
IAV
engine, transmission, powertrain control system
PETERSON SPRING
engine valve train components, suspension springs and shock absorbers, stabilizer bar assembly, wireforms
KIEKERT
door latch and striker
COOPER TIRES
tires
HENKEL
coatings and structural adhesives
TECHNOSPORTS CREATIVE
prototypes
ALTAIR
computer aided engineering and product development, minimum mass and weight
COMAU
robotic welding
COOPER STANDARD
seals, hoses and elastomers, fuel, brake and emissions, thermal management, body sealing, anti vibration systems
DETROIT THERMAL SYSTEMS
hvac
GUARDIAN
glass, grill, interior and exterior trim
MANDO CORPORATION
brake and suspension system, alternator, starter motor, distributor, etc.
IRVIN
airbags, armrests, visors, seat trim
N3T
wire harness
JNM TOOL and MANUFACTURING INC.
metal stampings, stamped metal products
LEAR CORPORATION
seating system
PLASTICS RESEARCH CORPORATION
body panels
SUPERIOR ROLL FORMING
body structural components, frame, roll cage, seat mounts, etc.
TAKATA
seat belts, airbags, steering wheel, electronics, interior parts

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ELIO has 23 suppliers, many supply the worlds largest automobile companies.

The following may not be a listing of 100% of the parts and some may be duplicated because some suppliers make the same items.
This was all I could find given the list of suppliers.
As you can infer this is an assembly process and not a manufacturing process.
ADMIRAL TOOL
steering columns, shift mechanisms, parking brake assemblies, rack and pinion steering, brackets, service brake assemblies
DAKOTA LIGHTING
interior molded panels and assemblies, IP modules and cluster, headliner, front headlight and rear tail light assemblies, lit 3D Elio graphic sill plate, Elio badge for hood, lighted vanity visor with map puddle light, back cargo light
EASTERN CATALYTIC
exhaust manifold, catalytic converter, exhaust pipes and hangers, muffler and tail pipe
FLAME SPRAY INDUSTRIES
flame spray cylinder bore lining
IAV
engine, transmission, powertrain control system
PETERSON SPRING
engine valve train components, suspension springs and shock absorbers, stabilizer bar assembly, wireforms
KIEKERT
door latch and striker
COOPER TIRES
tires
HENKEL
coatings and structural adhesives
TECHNOSPORTS CREATIVE
prototypes
ALTAIR
computer aided engineering and product development, minimum mass and weight
COMAU
robotic welding
COOPER STANDARD
seals, hoses and elastomers, fuel, brake and emissions, thermal management, body sealing, anti vibration systems
DETROIT THERMAL SYSTEMS
hvac
GUARDIAN
glass, grill, interior and exterior trim
MANDO CORPORATION
brake and suspension system, alternator, starter motor, distributor, etc.
IRVIN
airbags, armrests, visors, seat trim
N3T
wire harness
JNM TOOL and MANUFACTURING INC.
metal stampings, stamped metal products
LEAR CORPORATION
seating system
PLASTICS RESEARCH CORPORATION
body panels
SUPERIOR ROLL FORMING
body structural components, frame, roll cage, seat mounts, etc.
TAKATA
seat belts, airbags, steering wheel, electronics, interior parts

I like the way you have listed them because it is actually easier to read than the way EM has them listed. Thank you. :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: ELIO has 23 suppliers, many supply the worlds largest automobile companies. As you can infer this is an assembly process and not a manufacturing process.

Praise be!!! So glad you highlighted this for a fact!!! Elio never set out to manufacture anything, they are a "Lego Block/Tinker Toy" outfit from the getgo. 90% USA content! No reinventing the wheel (NPI)! Assemble & go! Brilliant! Go Elio!!!

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Praise be!!! So glad you highlighted this for a fact!!! Elio never set out to manufacture anything, they are a "Lego Block/Tinker Toy" outfit from the getgo. 90% USA content! No reinventing the wheel (NPI)! Assemble & go! Brilliant! Go Elio!!!

Kuda, I agree, assemble and go ELIO.

EDITORIAL:
I don't know about the toy reference, maybe an Erector Set, but yes, why reinvent the wheel, just adapt to a "design/wheel" that will be useful to many people.
One member said the suppliers don't know anything about building the final product. Suppliers are merely contracted to "supply" and the final assembly is the responsibility of the company selling the final product.
It seems some "entities/people" are very worried that this vehicle will be a big success and are going to great lengths to discredit Mr. Elio and the vehicle itself.
The critics, and none of them here seem credible, are trying their best with opinions and manipulation of facts to predict the failure.
My advice to the naysayers is don't buy it. The ones that need/want this type of vehicle will. Until it is driving the roads of America the critics will be doing their best to convince others that they are right and the team of Elio Motors is wrong. Start your own company and see how far your armchair skills will get you. You do not need to protect us, the nanny state government would shut this down in a heartbeat if it thought this was going to be of harm to the FUTURE ELIO OWNERS.
2 cents worth.jpg

Fire away.

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kuda, I agree, assemble and go ELIO. My advice to the naysayers is don't buy it. The ones that need/want this type of vehicle will. Until it is driving the roads of America the critics will be doing their best to convince others that they are right and the team of Elio Motors is wrong. Start your own company and see how far your armchair skills will get you. You do not need to protect us, the nanny state government would shut this down in a heartbeat if it thought this was going to be of harm to the FUTURE ELIO OWNERS.
View attachment 1281
Fire away.
Dustoff, You are right on target and I could not agree with you more. I cannot understand why all those who dislike this vehicle continue to spew their discontent. It's like an offensive TV program - If you don't like it change the channel. If you don't like the Elio AS IT IS CURRENTLY DESIGNED, don't buy one. Those of us who like and want it will continue the pursuit. The discontented need to find a new playground

Top Bottom