• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Tour

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know the reason why Elio no longer goes on tour? My assumption is they need to save money. But this seemed like the best advertising possible. When I went to the mall to reserve mine years ago there was a huge line just to sit in it. People loved it.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know the reason why Elio no longer goes on tour? My assumption is they need to save money. But this seemed like the best advertising possible. When I went to the mall to reserve mine years ago there was a huge line just to sit in it. People loved it.
Money,Money,and Money. Just my humble! They have over 65,000 sold, but can't build them without. Money!:(:(

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Money,Money,and Money. Just my humble! They have over 65,000 sold, but can't build them without. Money!:(:(
Agreed, no money, no touring.
They do these little appearances, with like a day's notice, but that's about it.
It's batten down the hatches, to make progress. <sigh> and that looks like all we'll get to see until they find funding.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am sure ElioMotors would love to make the next E-series with all the new ideas we have heard about, and show it off. It would be much different than the previous E-series. Steel body, redesigned exhaust, gas cap, interior, battery placement, and a plethora of other improvements that have and have not been mentioned since the E1C.
This would be to prove mass production, the economy of making it, the viability of the supply chain, and the potential returns of selling millions.
I think this is might be where ElioMotors is now.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
let's not get carried away, they don't have any sold, and if you referring to the reservationists, we have no idea of the type and amount of commitment folks have made.
The only actual number we know is the 1k all-in who have been given a SIL

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
let's not get carried away, they don't have any sold, and if you referring to the reservationists, we have no idea of the type and amount of commitment folks have made.
The only actual number we know is the 1k all-in who have been given a SIL
I am not getting carried away, when Elio starts production that # will exceed 65,000 . (Just my humble) :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure if they ever get them out on the road, they won't be able to make them fast enough to keep up with demand !
Very true, and you'll hear stories about someone getting double what they paid, so that someone else can say "I have one too!".
But once they land, there will be no stopping them.
And a lot of people have said that; "I'll buy one when they come out." Wait till they see how long the waiting line will be.

Top Bottom