• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Tv Commercial - 60 Second Tv Spots (link)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would probably be cost prohibited to advertise during the Superbowl, but it would be really cool to see an Elio is coming ad this year!

Maybe a 5-10 second spot just showing it cruising down the road, and then the Logo. Let everybody Google it to see what it was they were watching. :D

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio really wants everyone to know about their cars, instead of spending huge sums of money on TV spots, spend it on getting the cars into production and on the streets. Seeing the real thing will generate far more interest than TV ads that most people ignore anyway.

And while we're at it.... It won't do much good if someone sees a new Elio for the first time but doesn't know what it is. For god sake, put the name on the back of the cars. And put it so it can be read. Move the license plate lower and put the Elio nameplate above it. This is especially important when someone is behind the Elio at a light. The higher the name plate the less likely the viewers hood will block their view.

name_Image1.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When you question the prices paid for some domains then take a look at these numbers. These are the average costs of advertising as of June 8th 2010

30 Second National Television Spot on Fox………….$200,008

and on ABC and CBS $94,000

and the “cheapest” NBC was a mere $76,211

How about Cable

ESPN 30 second spot $19,301

USA and TNT at $15,000

the average of all cable stations $9,968

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When you question the prices paid for some domains then take a look at these numbers. These are the average costs of advertising as of June 8th 2010

30 Second National Television Spot on Fox………….$200,008

and on ABC and CBS $94,000

and the “cheapest” NBC was a mere $76,211

How about Cable

ESPN 30 second spot $19,301

USA and TNT at $15,000

the average of all cable stations $9,968

I wonder how this compares to going to shows at LA and Detroit? I think even bringing the road show to your local mall costs more than those cable ads.

I suspect tv ads will provide a significantly deeper introduction of the elio to a greater audience and at a lower cost than the tour has done. However, once all of those people have been introduced they will of course mob the tour stops even more.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio really wants everyone to know about their cars, instead of spending huge sums of money on TV spots, spend it on getting the cars into production and on the streets. Seeing the real thing will generate far more interest than TV ads that most people ignore anyway.

And while we're at it.... It won't do much good if someone sees a new Elio for the first time but doesn't know what it is. For god sake, put the name on the back of the cars. And put it so it can be read. Move the license plate lower and put the Elio nameplate above it. This is especially important when someone is behind the Elio at a light. The higher the name plate the less likely the viewers hood will block their view.

name_Image1.jpg

I couldn't agree more with your first paragraph.

Thing is... If I'm really interested in knowing what a vehicle is...
I'll stop at the first parked one I see, and 360 till I find the name.
Or I'll search until I find it on the net as soon as I get home.
If I don't... I'm probably not interested enough to ever buy.

So, IMHO, it's not necessary to have the name on the back.
In the first year most will know the vehicle by name anyway.

Last edited:

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After 14 years of being in production and on the road (Now Out), my G1 gets comments such as "What is it, I've never seen one". and " Is that 58 MPG average and miles driven correct?"
(I got a sign on the back that says "371,000 miles @ 58.0 mpg average."

Top Bottom