• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elios Mileage Range Vs Storage

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
...Refined from the oils of all-organic, free-range snakes. :p
Sorry, here's where we part ways cowboy. :D
I've used both products mentioned in this thread.
I now use what gave me better, and quite dramatic, results.

I wouldn't steer my friends in any other direction.

eliio21783

Elio Enthusiast
I hope they keep the fuel tank the same capacity. I figured taking the Elio only for groceries & church (yeah right!) I would only have to put gas in the vehicle once a year. My grocery store is a 3 mile trip and my church is 9 mile trip so it come out to 624 miles a year.

BUT I can't imagine driving my ELIO every day just for the FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
BUT I can't imagine driving my ELIO every day just for the FUN!!!!!!!!!!!
I can imagine that easily. Right now I drive my Cobalt to and from work (84 miles) and nothing else. For errands or weekend drives I drive my Explorer SporTrak just do it gets run at least once a week. Once I have the Elio some of those errands will be in the Elio just to show it off.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
THE FREEWAY OF THE EARLY 80's HAD SIMILAR ISSUES .
THEY WERE SOLD WITH A STANDARD 6 GALLON TANK AND AN OPTIONAL LONG RANGE 9 GALLON TANK .
Wow! I LOVE that car. I lived in Mpls in '79-81 but never heard of this. How much did it cost at the time?

Muzhik

Elio Addict
I hear diet is the cheapest way to save weight in the car...:rolleyes:
Yeah, I keep telling my wife that.
:brick:
(When I say that, she just gives me a look and reaches over to tug at my belt. I have absolutely NO idea why.)

Muzhik

Elio Addict
~650 mile range, on my 55-miles-per-day commute, means I can go about 12 days between fillups. That's about 2 and a half work weeks, or two 8-gallon fillups per month.

I like those numbers. Those are some nice numbers.
When I first read that, I had this sudden image of you sitting in the shadows, like Ernst Blofeld and his persian (or Dr. Evil and Mr. Bigglesworth -- take your pick) saying, "Yes, Mr. Ford. Those are nice numbers. Aren't they, Mr. Bigglesworth?