• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Emissions?

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not so concerned about my Elio passing an emissions test; considering the limits are designed for SUV's to pass, something that gets 5X the mileage is going to have a tough time failing. But in Colorado, emissions testing isn't free. It's $20 and the nearest testing center is 15 miles away. Not a huge deal, but if I don't want to have to deal with it if I don't have to!

Safety inspection, on a motorcycle, that's rich
Safety inspections aren't about are you going to die if your in an accident. They are about making sure the vehicle is operating according to the laws governing it. Are all the lights working, proper tire tread, etc.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not so concerned about my Elio passing an emissions test; considering the limits are designed for SUV's to pass, something that gets 5X the mileage is going to have a tough time failing. But in Colorado, emissions testing isn't free. It's $20 and the nearest testing center is 15 miles away. Not a huge deal, but if I don't want to have to deal with it if I don't have to!

I don't know if it's just for Colorado, but new vehicles don't need to be emission test for several years, then it's every two years. Luckily there is no emission testing requirement in Colo Spgs.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just for Colorado, but new vehicles don't need to be emission test for several years, then it's every two years. Luckily there is no emission testing requirement in Colo Spgs.
I've never owned a new car before, so I wasn't aware that new cars got a pass for a few years, although it does make sense. Lucky that the Springs doesn't require it. FoCo just started a couple years ago.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Otherwise just a safety inspection, a $10.00 annual Bull Sh-t tax.
I believe you've nailed it. Same thing in New Mexico. I can't tell you the last trip I've taken where I didn't see multiple cars with a brake light out. (and don't get me started on idiots who can't figure out how to use turn signals) :eek:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We just got hit here in Ohio with an annual $50 septic tank inspection Real Sh-t tax.
upload_2014-5-4_11-26-40.jpeg

Top Bottom