• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Engine Block Heater

Justin Bowser

Elio Fan
Reaction score
When I was stationed in Fairbanks, at Ft. Wainwright, for two winters we had a 1968 Mercury Cougar and a 1971 Datsun pickup. I put a battery blanket and percolating heaters in both vehicles and never had a problem - even at 50 below. The perc heater splices into one of the heater hoses...

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi to all,
Dale and Debbie from Fairbanks,Alaska. We are all in at 12,844. My only concern is getting a block heater installed which is a must in Fairbanks, in winter. I have notified the company several times about my concerns, so far no feed back. I wonder how easy it will be to access a freeze plug when the engine is installed not to mention dumping all the glycol. Hopefully I can get the factory to put the block heater in while the engine is out of the car! Call me paranoid or maybe in possession of the facts! Later D&D
Dale & Debbie, welcome to the forum and the Elio family. Plenty of information (and opinions) about the Elio and great friendly and mostly helpful people. Enjoy the journey and the wait with us

Top Bottom