• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Enthusiastic But... Fine Print

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DScott, I understand. Your looking to buy a brand new vehicle for used-car money. Consider the 'car' insurance savings, the fuel savings AND the repair / maintenance savings, this was a 'no-brainer' for me. I admit, I 'fell into some money' back in October and that is how I afforded to put down a thousand bucks on my first reservation. It wasn't enough to replace the windows in my house, that needs to be done or even to buy another used car. I gambled. And I gambled again placing a second order. I am saving nickels and dimes here, to get as much money by March next year for my big purchase. I am obsessed with this vehicle and want them so badly. I had faith enough after a lot of research and thought to put it all on the line. I will be so happy and set getting them in my drive. Now, just because I have faith, I never stop praying for the elio team and Mr. Elio. So Mote it Be.
If there ever was a good reason to build the Elio your story is the best I've read.. For your sake I hope your dreams are realized..

Ray

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From IAV website:
Elio-electric-three-wheeler.jpg

"
IAV also designed the 3-cyl. gasoline engine powering Elio Motors’ 3-wheel vehicle, which is expected to go on sale in early 2015, priced at about $7,000. Prototype powertrains will be available in second-quarter 2014.

Elio Motors purchased General Motors’ Shreveport, LA, plant to paint and assemble the vehicle. The startup company expects the 2-seat, front-wheel-drive vehicle to be capable of 84 mpg (2.8 L/100 km) on the highway, making it popular with commuters."

Ray

Top Bottom