• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Enthusiastic But... Fine Print

raybonz

Elio Addict
DScott, I understand. Your looking to buy a brand new vehicle for used-car money. Consider the 'car' insurance savings, the fuel savings AND the repair / maintenance savings, this was a 'no-brainer' for me. I admit, I 'fell into some money' back in October and that is how I afforded to put down a thousand bucks on my first reservation. It wasn't enough to replace the windows in my house, that needs to be done or even to buy another used car. I gambled. And I gambled again placing a second order. I am saving nickels and dimes here, to get as much money by March next year for my big purchase. I am obsessed with this vehicle and want them so badly. I had faith enough after a lot of research and thought to put it all on the line. I will be so happy and set getting them in my drive. Now, just because I have faith, I never stop praying for the elio team and Mr. Elio. So Mote it Be.
If there ever was a good reason to build the Elio your story is the best I've read.. For your sake I hope your dreams are realized..

Ray

raybonz

Elio Addict
From IAV website:
Elio-electric-three-wheeler.jpg

"
IAV also designed the 3-cyl. gasoline engine powering Elio Motors’ 3-wheel vehicle, which is expected to go on sale in early 2015, priced at about $7,000. Prototype powertrains will be available in second-quarter 2014.

Elio Motors purchased General Motors’ Shreveport, LA, plant to paint and assemble the vehicle. The startup company expects the 2-seat, front-wheel-drive vehicle to be capable of 84 mpg (2.8 L/100 km) on the highway, making it popular with commuters."

Ray