• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Enthusiastic But... Fine Print

H town Jeff

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Elio had the funding and were serious don't you think they would be working on the factory right now? From all I see the all in money is being used to live on.. Like I mentioned before what source of income does Paul Elio and his staff have coming in other than all in money? If I could take my $100.00 back I would right away.. Hoping I can change my tune in the future..

Ray
They can't tool the factory until the final design is finished. What Elio wants to pay himself and others is his business. Some people's temperament suggests they not get involved until they can put their hands on the thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They can't tool the factory until the final design is finished. What Elio wants to pay himself and others is his business. Some people's temperament suggests they not get involved until they can put their hands on the thing.
Yup it's my money so it's all about getting what I pay for.. The production dates keep getting pushed back with no reason given.. No mention of any real plans just 84MPG and $6800.00.. Setbacks are expected but reasons need to be given after all we have invested with all in deposits so we have a financial stake in the business..

Last edited by a moderator:

H town Jeff

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in the real estate biz for a while and quickly realized some people were better suited buying a resale home rather than build one from scratch. Some of us should forget about the Elio until it is a reality. Patience is a virtue.

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio had the funding and were serious don't you think they would be working on the factory right now? From all I see the all in money is being used to live on.. Like I mentioned before what source of income does Paul Elio and his staff have coming in other than all in money? If I could take my $100.00 back I would right away.. Hoping I can change my tune in the future..

Ray
You will change your tune when you sitting on the sidewalk watching the Elio owners that paid the 1K deposit driving down the street. The dream is not over until they draw the numbers. That's how the lottery works, you pay a dollar to dream that's all because there is pretty much no chance of winning. With the Elio I have a $1000 dream that has a real good chance of coming true. Keep dreaming and stay positive.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You will change your tune when you sitting on the sidewalk watching the Elio owners that paid the 1K deposit driving down the street. The dream is not over until they draw the numbers. That's how the lottery works, you pay a dollar to dream that's all because there is pretty much no chance of winning. With the Elio I have a $1000 dream that has a real good chance of coming true. Keep dreaming and stay positive.
Just playing the devil's advocate here Jerry.. Easy to get caught up in the hype..

Reactions: JP

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Yeah but I put down money thinking I'll have one within 2 years, not waiting indefinitely. I'd like it by fall of 2016 so I can have it to commute to grad school with but with all these delays, I'll have to buy another car by then. I cannot sit around and wait forever. I'd love to have an Elio but the unexplained setbacks need to stop. First it was summer 2014, then winter 2014, then first quarter 2015, and now it's looking like summer 2015.

AltoidBox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

Ray

Ray, even back at the beginning of January Elio wasn't planning on doing any significant work at the factory until 4th quarter 2014 with production not starting until 1st quarter 2015 (http://www.eliomotors.com/press-release-elio-completes-plant-deal/). I'm pretty sure that they can't really do much factory preparation until they've gotten their manufacturing procedures worked through. In their latest tech talk (http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=24b371802c83d81776b06aa68&id=886dc674ad), they say they are going to be building on the order of 20 additional prototypes where they will work out their production assembly process (see the last couple paragraphs).

I think they are progressing nicely and have a very realistic chance at producing this vehicle next year.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but I put down money thinking I'll have one within 2 years, not waiting indefinitely. I'd like it by fall of 2016 so I can have it to commute to grad school with but with all these delays, I'll have to buy another car by then. I cannot sit around and wait forever. I'd love to have an Elio but the unexplained setbacks need to stop. First it was summer 2014, then winter 2014, then first quarter 2015, and now it's looking like summer 2015.
Sorry to be so blunt here, but what did you honestly expect? A car tomorrow?
There are some who call the all-in crowd overly optimistic, dreamers, stupid. The way I see it the exact opposite is true. I would bet 99% of $1000 all in-ers know exactly what they 'bought': a place in line for a dream, a t-shirt, and a bumper sticker. That is all and we are happy for it. It's the dolts who saw a pretty color and a cool shape and threw money down who appear honestly stupid and naive: No research, no realistic expectations. It's sad too because they'll talk it down, discouraging others who may not really understand the entirety of this project.
Next time you 'buy' something, read everything. Know exactly what you are buying. It is not Elios fault your expectations are not being met, you had unreasonable expectations.
Just some friendly advice.

Top Bottom