• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Exhaust Upgrades?

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I prefer my vehicles to be as close to silent as possible, not generating such a racket as to be heard over a mile away.
You would not like my race car. :D

Run a straight pipe in my town and you've just earned a nice fat traffic tcket - disturbing the peace. We dispise loudmouth people and loudmouth cars around here.
Hate is never the answer. o_O

And it's really, really hard to disturb anybody with 900 CCs behind a catalytic. You'd have to run them over just to get their attention so you could disturb them. ;)

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I doubt I'll want my elio very loud, just a light burble at red lights will do likely via a cutout.
8726221342_6399e06c4c.jpg

A proper exhaust is something to appreciate though. My friend's 512bb has a unique balance of exhaust note balanced with intake air screaming into the carbs feeding all 12 cylinders right behind your head! To open the throttles wide under load is a marvelous adrenalin generating emotional experience not soon forgotten. A Tesla S while just as fast, doesn't hold a candle to it in the emotional level. There's something intoxicating about the machine and the sound it's generating pounding your brain into submission. :D

[Broken External Image]

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I dislike quiet cars, especially the well insulated ones. My dad was an Paramedic for 25 years, and in the last 10 the number of accidents caused by people who just didn't hear the sirens sharply rose and is a serious safety concern, especially with the amount of people paying more attention to their phones at stoplights than the intersection. Two years ago I had a woman rear end me because I could hear the ambulance coming but she couldn't and just gunned it when the light turned green, luckily she was already right on my ass so she didn't do any damage to my car or hers.

For the Manual transaxle crowd being able to hear the engine is rather important, I hate looking at the tachometer to learn the shift points in a new car. I hope Borla comes out with something for the Elio. I have their dual exit kit on my Cougar, even with headers, a high flow cat and the Borla kit it's not loud, it's just deep.

Top Bottom