• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Extended Warranty?

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought I had seen something about this before and found this on Facebook. Elio answered they are looking into it but I would be more surprised if they did not offer them.
Personally I am not a big fan of the extended warranties however I know some people are more comfortable with them and also know some people buy them as they can pay them over time because they do not have much extra cash on hand to self insure themselves in case of a major issue.
I thought I had seen something about this before and found this on Facebook. Elio answered they are looking into it but I would be more surprised if they did not offer them.
Personally I am not a big fan of the extended warranties however I know some people are more comfortable with them and also know some people buy them as they can pay them over time because they do not have much extra cash on hand to self insure themselves in case of a major issue.

I would strongly consider purchasing an extended warranty, I like Silva and Teds replys also. If the price is correct I would add that to my options list. Then I will prioritize them once options and pricing is released.
Terrence Bernard

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
as others have noted, extended warranties usually cost more than they pay, if they didn't they couldn't stay in business ....

with our Freightliner - we had so many high dollar issues that happened after year 3, without the extended warranty, we would have had to sell the truck .... we could not have afforded to fix it

with my wife's '05 Trailblazer - again, many electrical gremlins and without the extended warranty, we would not still have the vehicle

with our '02 Duramax - all issues were resolved during the regular warranty

with our '11 Silverado 1500 - it has had one small issue, can't remember exactly what it was

in short, sometimes you come out ahead and some times you don't .... if offered by Elio, I'd take a look .... much would depend on cost and coverage

Jim

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Extended Warranty will be good to hove on a new vehicle. Wonder if anyone will offer one on the Elio.
One reason I ask is that when the Elio breaks down with Pep Boys doing the repairs you may need an EW just for the rental car for a few days even it it is under Elio's warranty.

Sorry, just found a topic on this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom