• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Facing A Delay , I Might Go For A Nice Used Smart Car For Under $6k

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yea , it's got 4 wheels but still just unusual enough to satiate my current desire .
Anyone else thinking along these lines ? Scion IQ maybe ?

Attachments

• 61744_Side_Profile_Web.jpg
    61744_Side_Profile_Web.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 247

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sad part is Smart car is a joke. My Ford Fiesta gets darn near as good a mileage and is a much better car, my wife 2014 Focus gets nearly the same mileage and is a much better car. The Smart car requires 91 octane making it more expensive to drive than both our Fords .
Smart car turned out to be a dumb car.
Sad part Smart car got built and a smart car like the ELIO well we have to wait and see. Maybe Elio could sell their engine to the smart car.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm presently driving a 14 year old car which cost me just about $1250 and it has a three cylinder, 1 litre engine. It's the smallest and cheapest car I've had for years. It's a Suzuki Swift, same engine as the Elio prototypes. It's quirky, basic, noisy. I love it and in this icy weather is much easier to drive than my big BMW so that stays parked up!

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
MPG aside , I've read that the Smart Car has a terrible transmission . I don't need maximum MPG but since my fascination with Elio began , I'm interested in a small , affordable , good quality utility vehicle for the wife .

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My take on the transmission is, it's different. The driver has to adapt his habits to fit the transmission. If you take the time to learn how to work with the transmission you will be much happier with it than if you fight against it.
I'm not going to compare the smart against other cars. It is what it is. I like mine.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My take on the transmission is, it's different. The driver has to adapt his habits to fit the transmission. If you take the time to learn how to work with the transmission you will be much happier with it than if you fight against it.
I'm not going to compare the smart against other cars. It is what it is. I like mine.

And in the end, that's what matters.

Top Bottom