• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Factory Pick Up

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do not think we should be charged a delivery fee if we pick our cars up at the factory but I will do just that if it saves time. I like the idea of driving her back to North Carolina and showing her off all the way back home :)

Corvette charges delivery even if you go to Bowling Green to pick up your new Corvette!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was meant to be informational for those who seem to think that the actual delivery fee is required by the government. No need to blame anybody was my point. I'm not blaming you or anybody else. Why did you ass.u.me I did.

In a famous misquote of Hamlet Act 3, Scene 2......
"Methinks thou dost protest too much"

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just had a thought about this. Does that federal law apply to automobiles and motorcycles equally? Technically the Elio is still a motorcycle so maybe there's different rules to apply.
Perhaps there is a work-around, but E M has stated that deliveries will be uniform ( to the stores) There will be many details to work out if production begins before the stores/centers are not up and running. It has also been mentioned that for an additional fee home delivery.
Regardless of the final outcome, someone has to pay to get the E's to customers, and that someone is us.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Equalized "destination charge" across the country is mandated by federal law.
If there were no destination charge for pickup, would that not lower the destination charge for all delivery sites? You would still be mandated to pay the equalized destination charge in Shreveport, but it would be much lower for everyone than if no one picked up at Shreveport. Therefore, hypothetically, if everyone picked up in Shreveport the first year, the first year's equalization destination charge would be zilch. If only one half of the deliveries were in Shreveport, the equalized destination charge would be one half of what it would otherwise be. I believe I have thought about this too long.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If there were no destination charge for pickup, would that not lower the destination charge for all delivery sites? You would still be mandated to pay the equalized destination charge in Shreveport, but it would be much lower for everyone than if no one picked up at Shreveport. Therefore, hypothetically, if everyone picked up in Shreveport the first year, the first year's equalization destination charge would be zilch. If only one half of the deliveries were in Shreveport, the equalized destination charge would be one half of what it would otherwise be. I believe I have thought about this too long.
"Hypothetically", bees can't fly :-) lighten up you're gonna pay whatever the plan.

Top Bottom