• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Feasible To Add An 'eco Vs Sport' Switch?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
sport? I don't think the Lord Elgin comes in a sport variety. I know you can get some Timex lines in a "Sport" and some in a "Dive" variety but I'm pretty sure the Lord Elgin doesn't have a sport version. Sorry. :D

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Once Elio begins delivery there will virtually be infinite aftermarket upgrades available. Personally , I don't want a Sport mode button as I will make sure to extract every pony that 3 banger can offer . Supercharger , performance ECU , worked heads , aftermarket cam and sport exhaust are 1st on the menu .

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Once Elio begins delivery there will virtually be infinite aftermarket upgrades available. Personally , I don't want a Sport mode button as I will make sure to extract every pony that 3 banger can offer . Supercharger , performance ECU , worked heads , aftermarket cam and sport exhaust are 1st on the menu .

Lol, and about 25-30mpg highway. :D

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope; PE has already said that it will be an option in the Gen 2 cars but would be capable of being retrofitted to the Gen 1 cars.

I'm sure nobody knows, but as a guestimate, say Elio released the car on schdule and everything works out fine..... how long do you think it'll be before Gen 2 rolls around? Within a year? Two years? Five years?

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure nobody knows, but as a guestimate, say Elio released the car on schdule and everything works out fine..... how long do you think it'll be before Gen 2 rolls around? Within a year? Two years? Five years?

With the level of pent up demand on the current design , I doubt we can expect to see any major changes for several years . It's possible they may alter some ancillary items to save money , fix a bug or improve productivity .

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am perfectly ok with that . MPG was never a criteria that drew me to the Elio .

I've been thinking about it and have come to the conclusion EM is going the right direction with pushing high mileage .... while its not the prime concern of some, it is for many .... if they produce a high mileage vehicle with the capability of boosting power (example being able to bolt on a turbo) at the expense of gas mileage, folks can make that transition .... if they produce a powerhouse that doesn't get ultra high mileage, owners would have more difficult time making that transition .... from the get go, Paul has stuck with his "must haves" and I have no doubt that his company's product will come as close as it possible to living up to them

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been thinking about it and have come to the conclusion EM is going the right direction with pushing high mileage .... while its not the prime concern of some, it is for many .... if they produce a high mileage vehicle with the capability of boosting power (example being able to bolt on a turbo) at the expense of gas mileage, folks can make that transition .... if they produce a powerhouse that doesn't get ultra high mileage, owners would have more difficult time making that transition .... from the get go, Paul has stuck with his "must haves" and I have no doubt that his company's product will come as close as it possible to living up to them

You are correct . Each of us has our own reasons why we are drawn to the Elio . That's no reason for PE to abandon his vision . There are folks who's primary reason for this patient wait is to glean 84 MPG . That's fine , but I will still buy one if the mileage drops in half . My thing is an American made , Internal Combustion vehicle that looks great and costs less than a year of Starbucks .

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You are correct . Each of us has our own reasons why we are drawn to the Elio . That's no reason for PE to abandon his vision . There are folks who's primary reason for this patient wait is to glean 84 MPG . That's fine , but I will still buy one if the mileage drops in half . My thing is an American made , Internal Combustion vehicle that looks great and costs less than a year of Starbucks .

absolutely .... to me a major positive is I do believe that, both in looks and performance, an Elio will lend itself to customization .... I doubt it will be long before we hear of racing leagues of various types, that we will see lift kits and low riders, that we will see chopped tops and luggage racks, that we will see custom paint jobs and light packages .... the biggest thing I can see with ours is switching between P3 & P4 front fenders, adding a trailer hitch and/or some sort of luggage rack .... I really expect this forum to explode with pictures of mods and its sure going to be fun watching

Top Bottom