• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Fiberglass?

Capes

Elio Fan
Reaction score
How do things get so off-topic on these threads?
I thought this was the "fiberglass body panel" topic!
I must be to old to understand all this blog stuff.
I did love the old Top Gear show though.....................

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If people would abide by the old "Dragnet" TV series, drifting wouldn't happen.
("Just the Facts Mam, Just the facts")
A lot of people act like this site is a "Twitter, Blog or Facebook" orientation.)
(MY OPINION)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
First off, this isn't a Blog, it's a Forum.

Imagine a big room full of a bunch of people; and you have discussion leaders in different areas; so when you want to get in on that discussion, you go stand in the group and everyone talks about it. Anytime you get a group of like minded people in a gathering, conversations are always going to drift once the main topic has been covered; it's human nature. Then when you're done in that group, you wander over to a different group, and thoughts from the first one you were in get carried over; just as the other people were in different groups and decided to pop into that topic.

A Blog is a one topic room, where everyone is there for that one main person.

That's a really loose comparison between the two.

Capes

Elio Fan
Reaction score
So, Coss, your saying this is just one big forum for free speech, and who ever talks the loudest
controls the forum and can make it their own platform for what ever they happen to have on their
mind at the time..........I said I was too old to understand.
Starting off by saying "First off, this isn't a Blog, it's a Forum." is your way of saying I'm dumb right?
You hurt my feelings, Coss............

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's see, you're 3 years older than me; there are a number of people on here that are in their 70's and we just had a new member that joined that just turned 80. So age has nothing to do with it. I never said you were dumb, where you got that from is beyond me.
Forums go back to the days of the Romans, Blogs started in the 90's as an internet item; it used to be called a diary.
And it has nothing to do with "whoever talks the loudest" it's who has a topic that group gathered in that area are interested in, or want to comment on; even if it has nothing to do with the main topic.
If you're feelings get hurt over someone describing something to you, that did not include a single insult, name calling or anything else negative, this forum may not be right for you.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, Coss, your saying this is just one big forum for free speech, and who ever talks the loudest
controls the forum and can make it their own platform for what ever they happen to have on their
mind at the time..........I said I was too old to understand.
Starting off by saying "First off, this isn't a Blog, it's a Forum." is your way of saying I'm dumb right?
You hurt my feelings, Coss............
Buthurt+form+please+fill+out+for+all+those+buthurt+ppl_34a1f1_3339391.jpg

Top Bottom