• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

3 Card

Elio Addict
I would feel less put out if Elio said: The Factory tour "Experience" will include: A. Hotel ; B. Transport ; C. Goodies ; D. Tour ; E. Elio. All @ $750. & no shipping charge. :)
Park it outside with keys and paper work..

Last edited by a moderator:

BlioKart

Elio Addict
I would feel less put out if Elio said: The Factory tour "Experience" will include: A. Hotel ; B. Transport ; C. Goodies ; D. Tour ; E. Elio. All @ $750. & no shipping charge. :)

How about converting the 750$ into upgrades on the car instead? I do plan to put some options namely the cruse control and better radio. That way we still pay it but still benefit from it. Seems like a fair compromise?

3 Card

Elio Addict
Where's the fun in that..............This whole deal is all about the ride..............
Has anyone thought about a test drive before ordering options so the ones with refundable can decide / the ones with non can legally get it back also if not satisfied before taking delivery as can the ones who can't qualify for financing or like the apr ?

Tinybeetle

Elio Fan
Here's a picture from a real estate marketing presentation showing the Shreveport plant, and Elio's portion of that fromer GM plant.

Attachments

• elio-site-at-gm-plant.jpg
    elio-site-at-gm-plant.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 668

Ty

Elio Addict
Say what you mean and mean what you say, those that matter won't mind and those who mind don't matter. Where do you fall in that statement? That post was an opinion like any other in this conversation, (unless you have been appointed God) take that shot and put it where the sun doesn't shine.
Fair enough. You believe there is a 100MPG carburetor that the government squashed and that no one in 40 years has been able to make one. I believe that is horse crap. You can quote any website "expert" you want to but I know that when there is innovation, it is copied and even when it is hidden (there's a reason that Russia's first atomic bomb was IDENTICAL to ours), it is copied. Obama is raising fuel economy standards. Here's a quote:
"On July 29, 2011, President Obama announced an agreement with thirteen large automakers to increase fuel economy to 54.5 miles per gallon for cars and light-duty trucks by model year 2025. He was joined by Ford, GM, Chrysler, BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar/Land Rover, Kia, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, and Volvo—which together account for over 90% of all vehicles sold in the United States—as well as the United Auto Workers (UAW), and the State of California, who were all participants in the deal.[41] The agreement will result in new CAFE regulations for model year 2017-2025 vehicles which were finalized on August 28, 2012.[42] The major increases in stringency and the changes in the structure of CAFE create a need for research that incorporates the demand and supply sides of the new vehicle market in a more detailed manner than was needed with static fuel economy standards."

In what world would the government both "squash" a "100 MPG" carburetor AND require barely obtainable fuel efficiency? It doesn't make sense to me at all. That's my opinion. I managed to not break down to insults or tears. www.snopes.com is a much better forum for theories and conspiracies, I would think.