• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I keep waiting for someone here to critique and challenge me on the business model, real data, beyond the hype marketing, and into all of their business and operations model, yet no one, just straw man argumentative hurt feelings responses, so far. I'd love it to happen, but we're not a country with all its costs of business and regulations that can enable such a company to emerge, at least not profitably. This is the primary issue, its not that they can't come up with a nice looking design, or a vision of how things could be for a niche consumer, the problem is they can't make any money at it, nor would a big car company, whom could afford the tax writeoff, something EM does not have the luxury of. Again, open to debate on EM, not the vehicle, but the business.

I doubt you will find many members will to take this conversation very seriously. Some will humor you for a few posts then just move along and a little group may just add you to their ignore list. You have not presented anything we do not read here on a regular basis most commonly from brand new members such as yourself. I do commend you for keeping your tone civil and not just jumping in and directly calling everyone on here stupid fools as has happened at times.:)

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You guys can ignore WTH all you want. You can say you don't want the negativity, but you guys need someone to bring up the other side.

IDK about you guys, buy I'm not waiting to get good gas mileage. I got 45mpg this last weekend in a $650 car.

I still don't understand why some of you don't get a cheap gas mileage beater until the Elio (if it ever does) comes out in 3+ years.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a problem with this poll. This is worded in a way to get a certain answer (Don't think that was the intention though)

Is "Fully Refundable All-In for $7K" viable for 30,000 people?
- So what is being asked here is for 30k people....not yourself and the first answer you can choose is about yourself.

This is like a stock that you think is good. Just because you think it is good doesn't mean everyone else does.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You guys can ignore WTH all you want. You can say you don't want the negativity, but you guys need someone to bring up the other side.

IDK about you guys, buy I'm not waiting to get good gas mileage. I got 45mpg this last weekend in a $650 car.

I still don't understand why some of you don't get a cheap gas mileage beater until the Elio (if it ever does) comes out in 3+ years.
but you guys need someone to bring up the other side.

No we don't. This is a forum for like minded people to get together and chat, there is no other side.
This is not a emotional debate forum. Emotional debates can't be won or lost and without the restraints of a face to face decorum and can only evolve into something less than desirable. People using the cloak of invisibility online start slinging sh-t they would not face to face. So you can get like minded and hang around or go home. JMO and that of 99% of the other members.:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom