• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Firing Order

btg

Elio Fan
Reaction score
He also didn't believe cars should be any color other than black.

I am not sure that is exactly true. He said you could have a car any color you wanted as long as it was black. Not exactly the same thing. The reason for this is because colored paint didn't dry as quickly as black. That and black was cheap and durable made black the color of choice for mass production.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
He also didn't believe cars should be any color other than black.
Sometimes people believe crazy things.
I believe robots are going to take over the world and kill us all...
Though I might have seen that in a movie.
Ford believed in making use of everything; he saw the shipping crates for everything just being tossed at first.
He figured out that he could specify how he wanted the crates built, and the size specs; he then had people take them apart and use them as the floorboards. Other small boards they used to make charcoal briquettes (That later became Kingsford <Kings/Ford> Charcoal).
Ford was a genius.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure that is exactly true. He said you could have a car any color you wanted as long as it was black. Not exactly the same thing. The reason for this is because colored paint didn't dry as quickly as black. That and black was cheap and durable made black the color of choice for mass production.
Limiting the paint color to one also greatly simplifies maintenance of the painting stations.

Top Bottom