• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Model Year? - Or Wait For The Second?

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Generally I never buy the first model year of anything. There are always improvements on the design, tweaks and such from the first batch of unsuspecting buyers. Having said that there's something to be said about owning the first of something. I remember buying my first Pontiac Fiero (remember those?). Probably a moot point to this group of enthusiasts, but just as a general question has anyone considered waiting until the next model year to get all the improvements?

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, since it has no infotainment system and the engine is simple, I don't see any major issues.

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went in big, but refundable because Elio cash price is so very low anyway, am not having to worry as much whether he succeeds or not and would rather wait on a 2nd year production copy, because of first year issues on ANYTHING produced.

The bigger interest for me is for production to start; and not wanting the first unit off the line. The fun begins when production starts, IMO and is only gets better when an Elio is in my driveway.

Last edited:

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ah yes Fiero.. God of fire I believe. How fitting of a name for that car. I hope yours was a better one.. In any case Im all in for the Elio and not afraid of the first years model...

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it will matter much between one made in first model year vs 2nd. I can see it being updated over time but only in aero or interior styling. Maybe even an optional engine from another manufacturer. I just don't want one of the first ones.

Top Bottom