• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Robotics

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After last year's exciting defensive slug-fest, this game will be like watching an Amazon warehouse web-cam.
Yeah, seems like a pretty boring challenge this year. No defense, and no alliance collaboration. Appears they moved backwards from the team assist paradigm. I wonder why...

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was on a FIRST team in high school (11-12 years ago) - so much fun.
I'd like to mentor a team, but with my hour commute I don't know where I'd find the time.
I'm in the same boat with the commute. I don't know how much time most teams spend. We only work two evenings a week and then all day Saturday. This will be my first year as an official mentor. Last two years were basically dropping my son off and noodling around things. We'll see if I can keep up the schedule. Robotics until 10 then off to work by 5 the next day will get tiresome.

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with the commute. I don't know how much time most teams spend. We only work two evenings a week and then all day Saturday. This will be my first year as an official mentor. Last two years were basically dropping my son off and noodling around things. We'll see if I can keep up the schedule. Robotics until 10 then off to work by 5 the next day will get tiresome.
Maybe things are different now, but my team showed up at like 6AM daily, worked before school, then stayed after till like 6PM or something, then Saturdays too.

Weekends I could probably manage

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow. You guys put in some serious time! I'm actually surprised at how well we do with what we have. Our facility is the corn crib of an old barn. No heat. Little lighting. Blowing fuses all the time. But we won our regional last year and did fair in the championship, so I give 'em credit.

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow. You guys put in some serious time! I'm actually surprised at how well we do with what we have. Our facility is the corn crib of an old barn. No heat. Little lighting. Blowing fuses all the time. But we won our regional last year and did fair in the championship, so I give 'em credit.

Wow! At least we have heat...

Top Bottom