• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Robotics

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Best of luck this weekend to 1731 and Sir Jester McFiddle!
THANKS!
We're pretty excited.
New gear handling system in the front. New gear from floor pick-up. New shooter.
It's like a whole new bot. Gonna be interesting.
Bad part is we have had no time to tweak auto. That could be bad...
How do you guys feel about your numbers? Enough points for Districts / Worlds?

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THANKS!
We're pretty excited.
New gear handling system in the front. New gear from floor pick-up. New shooter.
It's like a whole new bot. Gonna be interesting.
Bad part is we have had no time to tweak auto. That could be bad...
How do you guys feel about your numbers? Enough points for Districts / Worlds?

We have enough points for the district championship. Now we have to work on Worlds.

I have to ask... why did you completely revise a robot that won its last event?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have enough points for the district championship. Now we have to work on Worlds.

I have to ask... why did you completely revise a robot that won its last event?
That's a GREAT question. When we were competing, we couldn't figure out why we were winning! Our gear handler was crap, we did zero shooting, we did auto about 2/3 the time. It was baffling. We actually almost won a match where it was three bots against just us. If I were a scouter and tried to assess our strength, it would be very difficult.
We climbed 100% of the time, and we played a good defense, but that's not going to go very far in St. Louis.
So we decided that there were a few quick things we could do to make us more 'marketable', and perhaps shine more.
If we do what we think we have the potential to do, we're going to be a tough bot to beat. Probably not an Einstein bot, but we could do very well at worlds if we behave the way we think we're going to.
It's gonna be an interesting week-end, for sure.
Thanks for the wish of luck. I'm already exhausted!

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
why the dq?

Yeah, that surely sucked.

Our Airship Pilot spun the 4th rotor gear train a bit enthusiastically. One gear popped out and landed on the field. Instant red card.

On the upside we overcame that and a few other obstacles to qualify for champs. Not our prettiest way into the big dance, but I'll take it!

Last edited:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that surely sucked.

Our Airship Pilot spun the 4th rotor gear train a bit enthusiastically. One gear popped out and landed on the field. Instant red card.

On the upside we overcame that and a few other obstacles to qualify for champs. Not out prettiest way into the big dance, but I'll take it!
See you there!

Top Bottom