• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Time To 'touch' In Greenwood, In Yesterday . . . .

Travelot

Reaction score
Introduced in 2011 and was a pretty passive Follower since. About 6 months ago became active follower and placed an ALL-IN Reservation. We traveled from Ohio Saturday to 'touch' in Indy. Met another Elio Owner Member there and joined this Group this morning. After touching, sitting-in, and talking with other future owners and Elio Staff - I am now a VERY active follower. Deposit made but savings for delivery day now just may well include Elio Stock.
A brief (rarely) bit about me. 5 years from retirement and doing the planning and changes to focus on that time. Former business owner, PASSIONATE (especially for a male) cook, VERY PASSIONATE Traveler and long-time M/C rider. Have done Iron Butt rides and hold a membership in a VERY exclusive (thank God) 'club'. I killed a deer while riding a M/C. But NOT with the bike. Bike barely touched (windscreen only, bike went under the deer) the jumping-over-the-wet-road deer. MY BODY went through the deer. Blew it in 4 pieces 47' apart.
We live near Lexington, Ohio where Mid-Ohio Motorsports is located. They are home to the Indy 200 and a NASCAR race. Going to be trying to get their Staff and Elio Staff talking about using the Elio as Track Safety Vehicle. The course is a very narrow and winding course and they expressed interest at my first introduction of the idea. If they use a 'loaner' prototype - I think they will buy one.
Looking to promote a new business venture started recently after my Mother passed. Her family made homemade Caramels. My Grandmother gave me the recipe and taught me the techniques when I was 8 years old in 1963. Our name for this venture is Caramels by the KILO. Packaged in 1/4 KILO, 1/2 KILO and Full KILO packages. Planning on using the Dreamsicle Orange Elio to promote the product and build product recognition for BOTH The Caramels AND Elio. No use investing if I am not willing to promote either.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on your reservation and welcome to the group! I too killed a deer with my bike. Wasn't as nasty as yours sounds but sure don't want to do it again. Caramels by the kilo delivered in an Elio has a pretty good ring to it.

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Introduced in 2011 and was a pretty passive Follower since. About 6 months ago became active follower and placed an ALL-IN Reservation. We traveled from Ohio Saturday to 'touch' in Indy. Met another Elio Owner Member there and joined this Group this morning. After touching, sitting-in, and talking with other future owners and Elio Staff - I am now a VERY active follower. Deposit made but savings for delivery day now just may well include Elio Stock.
A brief (rarely) bit about me. 5 years from retirement and doing the planning and changes to focus on that time. Former business owner, PASSIONATE (especially for a male) cook, VERY PASSIONATE Traveler and long-time M/C rider. Have done Iron Butt rides and hold a membership in a VERY exclusive (thank God) 'club'. I killed a deer while riding a M/C. But NOT with the bike. Bike barely touched (windscreen only, bike went under the deer) the jumping-over-the-wet-road deer. MY BODY went through the deer. Blew it in 4 pieces 47' apart.
We live near Lexington, Ohio where Mid-Ohio Motorsports is located. They are home to the Indy 200 and a NASCAR race. Going to be trying to get their Staff and Elio Staff talking about using the Elio as Track Safety Vehicle. The course is a very narrow and winding course and they expressed interest at my first introduction of the idea. If they use a 'loaner' prototype - I think they will buy one.
Looking to promote a new business venture started recently after my Mother passed. Her family made homemade Caramels. My Grandmother gave me the recipe and taught me the techniques when I was 8 years old in 1963. Our name for this venture is Caramels by the KILO. Packaged in 1/4 KILO, 1/2 KILO and Full KILO packages. Planning on using the Dreamsicle Orange Elio to promote the product and build product recognition for BOTH The Caramels AND Elio. No use investing if I am not willing to promote either.
Was waiting for your appearance. Glad to see you. Maybe you should change your screen name to "travElio".

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome from a long term follower in sunny New Mexico. Enjoy the forum and the experience.

Top Bottom