• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Free Coffee On National Coffee Day

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there a national tea day? I don't care for coffee but I do like tea. There are a lot of varieties of tea. :D

BigWarpGuy, for a good selection of fresh teas, look up Burman Coffee Traders. I have been getting my green coffee from them for years now, and they started carrying specialty teas a while back. Good folks to do business with, they're a father-son operation.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
National Coffee Day!?! You're singing my song; I roast our own at home! :D Sipping on some Colombian Peaberry right now...
Excellent ! Cool that you roast your own, great coffee <> Cheers to another Elio Friend :)
5-24-2012 RiseUp Roastery 009.JPG

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cleverwise and Goofy have 3 siblings born in Georgia, 2 in Kansas, 1 in Minnesota, none of us like sweetened iced tea! My wife born in Colorado, raised in Illinois only drinks sweetened iced tea and sweetened coffee. Yuck!:confused:

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was weaned off of sweet tea years ago. I had a toothache, and a sip of sweet tea was like an ice pick being rammed into that tooth. Got the tooth taken care of, but never reaquired the taste for sweet. My wife and I take our coffee black as well. :-)

Terrence, is that a Probat roaster in the photo?

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do like tea better than coffee. I don't like regular coffee but enjoy lattes and mochas from time to time. I personally prefer tea and enjoy sweet tea durning lunch. I am drinking some while writing this post.
Dearly LOVE my deep, dark, rich South Louisiana coffee. Been drinking it since I was old enough to suck on a bottle. But sometime, late at night, Ido enjoy a nice hot cup of tea, before bedtime. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cleverwise

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Cleverwise and Goofy have 3 siblings born in Georgia, 2 in Kansas, 1 in Minnesota, none of us like sweetened iced tea! My wife born in Colorado, raised in Illinois only drinks sweetened iced tea and sweetened coffee. Yuck!:confused:

Well no one is perfect! ;) Only kidding. Seriously though I know there are a lot of people that, for reasons beyond my understanding, don't like Sweet Iced Tea in the South. I know some people can't drink it due to diabetes but that is where Unsweet Iced Tea comes into the picture. Still the South has a high concentration of Sweet Iced Tea drinkers. It is available everywhere! :)

I was weaned off of sweet tea years ago. I had a toothache, and a sip of sweet tea was like an ice pick being rammed into that tooth. Got the tooth taken care of, but never reaquired the taste for sweet. My wife and I take our coffee black as well. :)

Terrence, is that a Probat roaster in the photo?

Toothaches are no fun! I am glad you are better. :) How you didn't go back is beyond me. ;) Some of the reasons I enjoy it is because it is cold, has some sweetness, and isn't carbonated. I really don't like much carbonation so I don't drink a lot of soft drinks. Plus Sweet Iced Tea, the way I like it, contains three items: water, tea, and sugar. Soft drinks have a long list of chemical junk. I get a headache 100% of the time if I drink those diet drinks as that artificial sweetener gets to me. So I enjoy the tea at lunch and then drink water during the day and for dinner.

Dearly LOVE my deep, dark, rich South Louisiana coffee. Been drinking it since I was old enough to suck on a bottle. But sometime, late at night, Ido enjoy a nice hot cup of tea, before bedtime. :rolleyes:

Hot tea can be quite good too and sugar melts in it! Not that I drink a lot of hot tea with sugar as I usually use honey or agave which doesn't spike your blood sugar levels like honey or sugar.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Give me a Coke. I'd rather drink WD40 than coffee.
Give me decaf coffee, black, no sweetener, WD40 leaves a funny taste in my mouth! To each his own! :) To all who are about to say "Ehew decaf!" As much coffee as I drink, 2-3 pots per day, I had to switch to decaf years ago. I actually stopped drinking coffee for about 2 years, but missed it immensely! My Dr. Finally said I could drink 1 cup regular but the rest had to be decaf. Now with all the new studies on the health benefits of coffee, regular or decaf, I drink it for my health!:D

Top Bottom