• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An Elio Medley…
September 6, 2019

Happy Friday Elio’ers! If you’re a casual fan of the Elio, you probably know the basics quite well. If you’re a hardcore supporter, you probably know most of the ins and outs of the vehicle. In today’s blog from the archives*, we’re going to review some questions we’ve answered in past blogs that cover the ins and outs that make up our vehicle!

What material comes standard on the floor of the vehicle?

Black/dark gray carpeting will come standard in the Elio and if you want a different color of carpeting it will be available through our ePlus: My Elio, My Way option program. This is a recent change and isn’t even reflected on the configurator yet.

Will daytime running lights come as a standard feature?

Daytime running lights will not come as a standard feature. While daytime running lights will not be standard, the upside is that everyone can control it themselves if you turn on your headlights every time you start up your Elio!

How adjustable is the front seat?

The Elio comes standard with a 6-way manual front seat. 6-way means up/down/forward/aft/lean forward/lean rearward (until impeded by the back seat, like most every vehicle on road today). We are planning on a power seat as an option as well.

Will there be a hook in the rear seat to keep my clothes from getting wrinkled?

Yes, you will be able to transport your dry cleaning in the Elio as a clothing hook comes standard over the window in the rear seat.

How many cup holders are in the vehicle and where are they located?

No fear, both occupants will stay adequately hydrated (or caffeinated) in the Elio. The driver’s cup holder is located in front of the gear shift, while the rear cup holder is situated on the right in front of the passenger.

Will there be an option for lights on the fenders?

At this stage, we do not plan on offering lights on the fenders of the Elio. In terms of visibility, the Elio is by no means the first vehicle to have outbound wheels (think the Plymouth Prowler) but fender reflectors will be available. The reflectors are on the “bubble list,” meaning that if we can fit them into the base price they will come standard. Stay tuned!

Will the Elio pull a trailer?

The Elio is designed to do many things: achieve incredible gas mileage, sail through the HOV lane, and much more. Our first model is not designed to pull a trailer and, at this stage, we do not plan on offering a trailer hitch as an option. For extra luggage space, a roof rack will be available as an option.

What kind of key comes standard in the Elio?

Currently, a standard key/fob will come as standard equipment, one piece. This is not in stone at this point as we are working with vendors to minimize cost in all areas.

Will a rearview mirror be an available option?

We do not plan on offering a rearview mirror as an option because it is an obsolete feature in the Elio. With our front-to-back configuration and vehicle geometry, the side mirrors provide the driver with adequate sightlines for backing up. Additionally, a rearview camera is a popular request and will be available as an option.

Does the interior come with a dome light?

Yes, a dome light located directly above the steering wheel comes standard.

Can I remove the back seat for extra storage?

Yes, you could, but the space gain is minimal as the rear seat is formed and shaped and overall fairly thin. Remember, the rear seat folds down for extra storage space.

Will the Elio have a space to store insurance, registration, and other important documents?

Yes, the storage area is located on the lower right-hand side of the driver’s seat below the gear shifter. Also, there will also be a kind of “map pocket” located inside the door.

Thanks for your support and have a great weekend!

* Originally published July 20, 2018

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well Oct 2018 was when Momentum blog stopped. and Sept is when we received the news about Fortune 500 company supplying power train.
the momentum blog was where we were informed, and the Friday blog was where all the weeks info was condensed, I'm going to say Sept. 2018 was the last real new info.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well Oct 2018 was when Momentum blog stopped. and Sept is when we received the news about Fortune 500 company supplying power train.
the momentum blog was where we were informed, and the Friday blog was where all the weeks info was condensed, I'm going to say Sept. 2018 was the last real new info.
That sounds about right. A shame, but right.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Plus the last time an Elio was seen by a reservation holder in person, was in May 2017.

As for news, we could count the story about meeting with the Governor of Ohio that was in April 2019. Then the facebook posting from Elio after that.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Problem with many of the blogs a year old or newer, are really rehashes of even older blogs. As far as new information on the vehicle itself, there really hasn't been anything "new" in years. I'm not even sure we should include the powertrain being supplied by a Fortune 500 as being news, since they aren't telling us anything about it other than they might go that route. I want facts.

Elio Motors hears us, but still are not listening. Paul?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Problem with many of the blogs a year old or newer, are really rehashes of even older blogs. As far as new information on the vehicle itself, there really hasn't been anything "new" in years. I'm not even sure we should include the powertrain being supplied by a Fortune 500 as being news, since they aren't telling us anything about it other than they might go that route. I want facts.

Elio Motors hears us, but still are not listening. Paul?
I think the last real update that had real meat to it was when they covered the wiper. It was much more informative as opposed to telling us what we really should like. I've asked them to really go over the front suspension because that has changed drastically and the design the are going with is something I've never seen before.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the last real update that had real meat to it was when they covered the wiper. It was much more informative as opposed to telling us what we really should like. I've asked them to really go over the front suspension because that has changed drastically and the design the are going with is something I've never seen before.
True. Good point. I'd like to see that as well.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aug. 17, 2018
Distracted Driving and the Elio
September 13, 2019

Happy Friday Elio’ers! If you’re reading this blog in the comfort of your home or office, we hope you’re preparing for a fun weekend. If you’re reading this while operating a moving vehicle- stop! As the title suggests, this week’s Friday Blog revisits the concerning trend of distracted driving and how we at Elio Motors intend to do our part.

While distracted driving has become a popular topic in recent years, likely due to the rise of smartphones, it has been an issue since the very first vehicle was introduced. The definition, according to NHTSA, is “any activity that diverts attention from driving, including talking or texting on your phone, eating and drinking, talking to people in your vehicle, fiddling with the stereo, entertainment or navigation system—anything that takes your attention away from the task of safe driving.”

The issue of distracted driving is, simply put, no joke and can affect anyone, even a safe, non-distracted driver. From NHTSA, “In 2016 alone, 3,450 people were killed. 391,000 were injured in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers in 2015. During daylight hours, approximately 481,000 drivers are using cell phones while driving. That creates enormous potential for deaths and injuries on U.S. roads. Teens were the largest age group reported as distracted at the time of fatal crashes.”

We know that distracted driving is a major issue, but the real question is what can we do about it? As individuals, we can make it a point to resist the temptation to glance at our phones while driving and urge others to do the same. We think that our vehicle will act as an effective safeguard against distracted driving for several reasons.

The Elio Motors Safety Management System– It all starts with safety. The Elio Motors Safety Management System is designed to keep our occupants safe in the event of a run-in with a careless driver. Main aspects of the ESMS include three airbags, ABS brakes, traction and stability control, seatbelts, and a unibody frame.

Our configuration- The fact that the Elio seats driver and passenger front-to-back is a major factor in eliminating distractions. The driver is significantly less distracted by the passenger, keeping both of them safer than they would be in a traditional vehicle.

Options- We plan on offering many different options through our ePlus: My Elio, My Way options program. We are planning several different options that incorporate hands-free technology to cut down on potential distractions. We will release this entire list as we get closer to production with prices- please stay tuned!

Thanks again for your support and have a fantabulous weekend!

Top Bottom