• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the person sending out the blogs had a bunch of them done ahead of time and Paul is releasing them and maybe tweaking them a little here and there. Most likely, Paul is either working on getting funding or biding his time. Time doesn't really hurt him too much as long as the loans stay out there and lets be honest, if Iyer wants to "cash in the loans", he could. But the question isn't "Why hasn't he?", it's "Why would he?" I mean, if Iyer were to cash in his loans, all that would happen is Elio would go bankrupt and Iyer would have nothing. If he waits, Elio could become solvent with some other investor and, heaven forbid, some actual production. THEN, he would actually get paid for the loans. If I were Paul Elio, I'd be prepared to release good news as low-key as I could while, at the same time, buying back as much stock as I could. I mean, 1,000 shares could go from $2,500 to $75,000 almost overnight, right?

Anyway, I believe that Paul isn't in the clear but has a plan that could make this work. Perhaps he knows he can get it funded at too great of a personal cost but if he doesn't find alternate funding soon, he'll cave in and accept the loss of controlling shares to get it done.

... and for anybody who cares, todays' bit of trivia:

A yeoman is an enlisted person within the United States Navy that performs administrative and clerical work. They deal with protocol, naval instructions, enlisted evaluations, commissioned officer fitness reports, naval messages, visitors, telephone calls and mail (both conventional and electronic).
Hari Lyer is now floating loans to EM? Man this thing just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hari Lyer is now floating loans to EM? Man this thing just keeps getting weirder and weirder.
He did not use his own money, money came from Elio Motors via ESG. The money is transferred around at high interest rates. That is why Elio has approx. one hundred and thirty million in debt with so little to show for it. If company goes under, ESG members and Stu Lichter will get most of the distribution of assets, while other shareholders, loaners and reservation holder will get very little.

ABC123

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Paul cannot quietly buy stock on the open market without disclosing it on a Form 4. Now he could buy stock and file the form after that (usually insiders file these around the 10th of the next month, and are rarely late). Saying that the E1c was in NYC and then post an old photo is deceptive. Maybe Paul was walking around Wall Street with a picture of the car for all we know.

Hard keeping the faith that we'll get our vehicles. Kudos to those early adopters who remain active on this board. I appreciate your spirit.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul cannot quietly buy stock on the open market without disclosing it on a Form 4. Now he could buy stock and file the form after that (usually insiders file these around the 10th of the next month, and are rarely late). Saying that the E1c was in NYC and then post an old photo is deceptive. Maybe Paul was walking around Wall Street with a picture of the car for all we know.

Hard keeping the faith that we'll get our vehicles. Kudos to those early adopters who remain active on this board. I appreciate your spirit.

I would agree that transparency is certainly not one of Paul’s current priorities...at some point the facts will be revealed...after all...Elio Motors is a public company...

The Elio saga has been on a downward spiral for years...

So many unanswered questions...

Last edited:

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The E1c, Shirt Design, and More…
March 30, 2018

Happy Friday Elio’ers! For many of us, the schedule for this weekend is pretty packed: The start of Passover, the end of Spring Break, the Final Four, Easter Sunday, April Fool’s day among other events. In the spirit of this busy weekend full of different events, today’s Friday Blog will cover 3 separate topics: designing the next t-shirt, the E1c, and the viability of a trailer hitch.

Design It

In case you missed it, last week we asked our supporters for their ideas for the next Elio Motors t-shirt. An incredible amount of entries came our way and we were blown away by the creativity and skill! Initially, we were going to end the contest this week, but the submissions kept on coming throughout the week so we decided to extend the contest for another week. Here’s the deal: if you’re interested, you have until Wednesday night to send in your best design for the next Elio shirt. Next Friday we’ll unveil our favorites and let the blog readers vote on the winner. There is no limit to how many designs you can submit, but just make sure they get turned in before Thursday!

Where (In the World) is the E1c?

Last week’s Friday Blog also talked about what the E1c has been up to. In short, we’ve been taking the E1c to funding events and making it available to our engineers. Interestingly, we received some questions asking about when the photos were taken. As a matter of fact, those photos were taken the same day we sent out the blog! Additionally, we mentioned the fact that while the E1c is not currently on tour, we plan on showing it off across the country in the near-future. Many asked where and when, which is a great question. As soon as we have the details ironed out for another tour, our supporters will be the first to know!

Getting Hitched?

The last topic may seem like a bit of a non-sequitur…okay, you’re right, it is a non-sequitur, but it’s a topic that comes up at least 50 times a week through our various communication channels. Many folks want to know if we will offer a trailer hitch and trailer as an option. At this stage, we do not plan on offering a trailer hitch or a trailer. However, we expect that our vehicle will encourage an active aftermarket, so it’s still a possibility.

Thanks for your support and have a good weekend!

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

Where did that come from? Didn't he leave or become some kind of board member emeritus?

A yeoman is an enlisted person within the United States Navy that performs administrative and clerical work. They deal with protocol, naval instructions, enlisted evaluations, commissioned officer fitness reports, naval messages, visitors, telephone calls and mail (both conventional and electronic).

Uhm....Yo-man's work was a play on the word Yeoman. The phrase Yeomen's work goes beyond the naval clerk. See Websters definition below:

1: an officer in the U.S. Navy who works as a clerk
2 : a farmer in the past who owned a small amount of land
yeoman's work/service
US also yeoman work/service

: very good, hard, and valuable work that someone does especially to support a cause, to help a team, etc.
  • They've done yeoman's work in raising money for the organization.

So relax with the unnecessary schooling already. Geewiz...

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"As a matter of fact, those photos were taken the same day we sent out the blog!"

Again... no specific date is quoted. I've come to know EM as the masters of the spin.
Exactly which one of hundreds of blogs was that again?

At this point I don't trust these people as far as I could throw them.

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"As a matter of fact, those photos were taken the same day we sent out the blog!"
Again... no specific date is quoted. I've come to know EM as the masters of the spin.
Exactly which one of hundreds of blogs was that again?

The date of the blog with the pictures in it was 3/23/18. If you really wanted confirmation on the date of the pictures, you could send an email to Elio and ask them to confirm it was that date.

Top Bottom