• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Latter boldface emphasis mine.

Actually, a lack of new information doesn't tell anything at all- as you'd expect from a lack of information. Rather, such a lack simply allows the intellectually skittish- both critics and fans alike, optimists and pessimists, cynics and the irrepressibly pollyannic- to exercise their abundant (and in humans, ubiquitous) confirmation bias.

Why are people so afraid to just admit they don't know? We don't know, and anyone claiming certainty is either deluding themselves or more simply full of crap, sometimes merely by dint of their human psychology.

I'm very weary of posts from people who are so certain. At least when they're specific, I can address it more aptly, but vague aspersions like 'saying nothing tells the truth' are frustratingly broad and difficult to pin down beyond their general tone. Just as silly as someone telling their neighbors that they'll have the trike in a few months, and then won't they be sorry they didn't believe hard enough, too!

Enjoyed your post very much. Here's an app that should make it easier to write the next one... perhaps a comment on this post?

http://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Enjoyed your post very much. Here's an app that should make it easier to write the next one... perhaps a comment on this post?

http://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html

(LOL, I added 12 words of my own to stitch it together)

We have seen Elio intrinsically reconceptualize performance based human capital and uniquely conceptualize functional scenarios while continually parallel tasking next-generation meta-services. They globally benchmark sustainable partnerships, authoritatively deploy resource-maximizing imperatives, and dramatically extend bleeding-edge materials.

Recently Elio did compellingly communicate best-of-breed solutions as progressively repurposed alternative architectures.

TheAsterisk!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I already have a shell script on this system to generate the same sort of buzzword loaded nonsense. Can't remember what the command is, though. Oops!

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Memorial Day and a Quick Recap
May 26, 2017

[Broken External Image]

Happy Friday Elio’ers! We hope that you enjoyed a strong finish to the work week and are ready to recharge your batteries over the three-day weekend. We know that today is a busy travel day so this week’s Friday blog is going to be short and sweet.

Memorial Day is about much more than a three-day weekend and is not to be confused with a different summer holiday. Memorial Day is all about honoring the men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty. Some mark the occasion by placing flowers, others participate in parades, and many get together with their friends and family for the holiday. No matter how you spend your Memorial Day, make sure to take a minute and appreciate the courageous Americans that have made the holiday possible.

[Broken External Image]

Lastly, before you leave you for the long weekend (we told you it’d be short and sweet), we want to draw your attention to our last few Momentums. We’ve been taking a look at our manufacturing and launch plans and love taking you along on our journey. As you know, this journey is anything but easy, but as the saying goes, nothing worthwhile comes easy. Part one gave a general overview of the plant, part two shows the “birth” of the vehicle, and part three details the process before we even get into the paint booth. We think it’s pretty interesting stuff, and based on the response, our supporters tend to agree. Thanks for being a part of this journey. We look forward to sharing the rest of the process with you.

Have a tremendous weekend and Happy Memorial Day!

Elio is literally a news-making machine. And our monthly newsletter will keep you updated on everything between now and the day your Elio arrives. Safe to say you’re not going to be doing much reading for a while after that.

• Information
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Careers

*MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation.

Anticipated production date is based upon timely receipt of requisite funding.

Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements within this website including, but not limited to, statements related to anticipated commencement of commercial production, targeted pricing and performance goals, and statements that otherwise relate to future periods are forward-looking statements. These statements involve risks and uncertainties, which are described in more detail in the Company’s periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made and based on information available to the Company on the date of this website. Elio Motors assumes no obligation to update the information within this website.

RSS Feed
Follow Us on
© 2017 Elio Motors Inc. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced or duplicated without the express permission of Elio Motors Inc.

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Latter boldface emphasis mine.

Actually, a lack of new information doesn't tell anything at all- as you'd expect from a lack of information. Rather, such a lack simply allows the intellectually skittish- both critics and fans alike, optimists and pessimists, cynics and the irrepressibly pollyannic- to exercise their abundant (and in humans, ubiquitous) confirmation bias.

Why are people so afraid to just admit they don't know? We don't know, and anyone claiming certainty is either deluding themselves or more simply full of crap, sometimes merely by dint of their human psychology.

I'm very weary of posts from people who are so certain. At least when they're specific, I can address it more aptly, but vague aspersions like 'saying nothing tells the truth' are frustratingly broad and difficult to pin down beyond their general tone. Just as silly as someone telling their neighbors that they'll have the trike in a few months, and then won't they be sorry they didn't believe hard enough, too!

Well I'm glad you didn't have issue with my facts as personally observed but rather with my opinions. You know what people say about opinions. And I want to go on record as not having issues with whomever writes the blog as they are masterfully written to say very little with so many words and I dont mean that to be mean.

Anyway, in the race to defend the nothing, you missed the point. The fact is that the Elio bogs are saying basically nothing. Perhaps a new pop up date or some such nugget. Certainly not news about Elio. I did not say "saying nothing tells the truth". So dont quote me as such. By not saying anything in the blog I personally believe there is actually nothing new to be said, and that said, silence is not always golden. Attorneys struggle with this everyday. Should my client speak or will his silence be more an issue or our gain.

Actually, a lack of new information doesn't tell anything at all

But there is new information. Just not from the Elio blog.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1531266/000121465916014837/f11141601u.htm

http://pdf.secdatabase.com/569/0001214659-17-002855.pdf

http://thehayride.com/2017/05/shreveports-elio-motors-debacle-reaches-end-stages/

Its never a good business plan to send your customers elsewhere for information. You must control your brand. Elio, through its blog, chooses to remain essentially silent. They take their hits. This allows detractors( as well as friends) to control your narrative. Why would any business want to do that?
And yet Paul himself has remained confident on production.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...oday-future-elio-motors-shreveport/101550864/

But I dont recall seeing that comment reiterated in the blog......Though honestly I may be wrong on that as I have started to delete them almost as quickly as it get them so feel free to call me out on that one.

So If you want to defend the blogs as a wealth of news of Elio, cool. Maybe Im missing the point of the blog in the first place. Lets take that to task and you show me what you have learned from the scilence, and I for my part will show you what I have not heard from the blog ( saying nothing ) but from other sources. I promises not support my position with school yard humor web sites.

In any event, Lets all hope Elio motors doesn't miss this "next" production date. Any further delay, funded or not, Elio could become completely irrelevant.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I'm glad you didn't have issue with my facts as personally observed but rather with my opinions. You know what people say about opinions. And I want to go on record as not having issues with whomever writes the blog as they are masterfully written to say very little with so many words and I dont mean that to be mean.

Anyway, in the race to defend the nothing, you missed the point. The fact is that the Elio bogs are saying basically nothing. Perhaps a new pop up date or some such nugget. Certainly not news about Elio. I did not say "saying nothing tells the truth". So dont quote me as such. By not saying anything in the blog I personally believe there is actually nothing new to be said, and that said, silence is not always golden. Attorneys struggle with this everyday. Should my client speak or will his silence be more an issue or our gain.

But there is new information. Just not from the Elio blog.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1531266/000121465916014837/f11141601u.htm

http://thehayride.com/2017/05/shreveports-elio-motors-debacle-reaches-end-stages/

Its never a good business plan to send your customers elsewhere for information. You must control your brand. Elio, through its blog, chooses to remain essentially silent. They take their hits. This allows detractors( as well as friends) to control your narrative. Why would any business want to do that?

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...oday-future-elio-motors-shreveport/101550864/

But I dont recall seeing that comment reiterated in the blog......Though honestly I may be wrong on that as I have started to delete them almost as quickly as it get them so feel free to call me out on that one.

So If you want to defend the blogs as a wealth of news of Elio, cool. Maybe Im missing the point of the blog in the first place. Lets take that to task and you show me what you have learned from the scilence, and I for my part will show you what I have not heard from the blog ( saying nothing ) but from other sources. I promises not support my position with school yard humor web sites.

In any event, Lets all hope Elio motors doesn't miss this "next" production date. Any further delay, funded or not, Elio could become completely irrelevant.

Hey Burg! Where ya been? Nice to have a fresh outlook and some good writing. :welcome:

TheAsterisk!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

I'm defending nothing. I've said many times that the odds are heavily in favor of Elio Motors failing spectacularly, as a matter of necessary initial capital investment. I'm a fan of the vehicle concept, but that means nothing for my expectations of the company's business prospects.

You used a loaded phrase, and being the pedant that I am, I called it out. Again, here, you speak of assumed knowledge that is lacking in factual basis. I'm not telling you you're wrong, I'm telling you your reasoning to reach that end is specious. There likely is no astounding new progress, engineering or financing, but your reason(s) for believing that (at least as articulated in that earlier post) are wanting at best.

How you reach an opinion or conclusion, how you argue a point, is at least as important as the conclusion itself.

No substantive new information, just new filings as periodically required by law. They are in mounting debt, and the initial capital required stands a very strong chance of killing the project. Some numbers fluctuate, but when there is no fluctuation along order-of-magnitude lines or greater, the situation remains similarly unlikely to resolve favorably for EM. Anyone with an understanding of automotive production- expensive, all up-front costs, low-margin returns, etc.- knows this, and has known this for years. It's why I heap scorn upon the true believers, too, whether they pray to the One True ICE Tadpole or to the growing menagerie of ill-conceived BEV startups. Same problems, sometimes different loyal adherents.
Rookie company. No, it doesn't bode well for them as a business once they sell to consumers, but it's also not a sign of actual information regarding their financing or their engineering at this stage. Arguably, a cause for concern over how they would handle customer relations. Pity that, they have no customers yet- they have reservationists.

It's also and notably pretty typical of any company which is largely composed of engineers with a dearth of seasoned customer service or PR staff. Try getting an error resolved with Google sometime, to see what I mean. Company of engineers, established and dominant in its field, but it still has that same organizational problem. Engineers make awful service reps.

Confidence is not a verifiable piece of information with value to anyone beyond the emoting party. I don't give a damn how confident Paul is or is not. I also don't see any valuable meaning in the feelz of any given poster here or elsewhere or on Jalopnik or whathaveyou. There are far better ways to determine the likelihood or unlikelihood of business viability than to refer to the business owner, with his sunk costs and his emotional attachments (Elgin dash?).

Might it help to publicize this confidence? Maybe. It would also be a magnet to the "SCAM!" commenters. "Oh, yeah! Elio promised they were confident before! Sound familiar? It's all just so he can rake in the cash..." Depends whether you're more trying to work up interest or mitigate bad press at the moment. Either approach relies upon being able to read large groups of people interacting irrationally with many other large groups of people. It's basically witchcraft, but with less effective woo, and anyone that claims to know which course will cause which reactions to trend is making it up as they go, probably with localized A-B testing of myriad approaches.

So If you want to defend the blogs as a wealth of news of Elio, cool.
I'm not. And it isn't. Perhaps you didn't properly parse my comment, or believe me to be in league with some other faction of posters. Let me reassure you, I'm not. I'm sort of just a professional pain in the butt for every forum I frequent, my saving grace being that I somehow end up amusing to some small cadre or another most places I stir up the mud.
Maybe Im missing the point of the blog in the first place. Lets take that to task and you show me what you have learned from the scilence, and I for my part will show you what I have not heard from the blog ( saying nothing ) but from other sources. I promises not support my position with school yard humor web sites.
Okay?

Are you, by any chance, eventually going to end this spat of ours with something like, "It condemns the blog unconditionally or it gets the hose again!"?

Hate to break it to y'all, but unless and until they make something- this includes now and back in the halcyon days of the P3 and all that tender, naive excitement- Elio Motors is completely irrelevant as an industry actor in every meaningful way.

They enter production, that might change. They botch production, they could be negatively meaningful.

No production? They're an interesting diversion, right up there with longform documentaries, a good friendly argument on the comparative merits of fictional weapons, or bad old science-fiction films. Just potentially more expensive for anyone with poor impulse control and a lack of budgeting skills and financial acumen.

Top Bottom