• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday Blog Is Out

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
76 weeks from getting funding..........if they were funded today.............August 2020.

I think Elio’s “76 weeks from securing funding” statement holds very little credibility.

Elio Motors has a history of overpromising and under delivering with regards to projected customer delivery dates.

Elio should not make any predictions about production timeframe’s until they actually have a fleet of specification ready test mules.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hell, I'd just like a recent picture showing Paul Elio is still in the country.

As for the price of an Elio, it's possible that the cost of all options will be much higher, to cover the initial locked-in prices. After making all the reserved Elio's, the option cost might go down with the excuse that "now we are able to buy in bulk" and we are passing the savings on to customers.

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just checked the Elio supplier network. Infinite Skyz is not listed. Then I looked on the Infinite Skyz website. They still show a Elio application, but the website also says it will be updated soon. (It's said that for a couple of years now.) Makes me wonder how many suppliers are actually still committed to the Elio. (And no, the fortune 500 engine supplier is not listed, at least not yet).

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On 5-11-18 Paul said we were on a 75 week time line. Thats what I'm counting from. Crazy, I know.
On 5/11/18 Paul Elio said:"It'll be 76 weeks plus a small number." This is at the 7:29 mark.
On 11/18/18 Elio motors said, 76 weeks timeline (on page 8):
https://ir.eliomotors.com/all-sec-filings#document-380-0001140361-18-042917

If you go to the Elio Motors official Facebook page dated 2/1/19:
Then on 2/10/19:
Our focus in on funding and we cannot report on that process for a number of reasons until it is completed. We are continuing to share what we can share and will continue down that path.

I'm just only repeating what Elio Motors says.

Last edited:

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
On 5/11/18 Paul Elio said:"It'll be 76 weeks plus a small number." This is at the 7:29 mark.
On 11/18/18 Elio motors said, 76 weeks timeline (on page 8):

If you go to the Elio Motors official Facebook page dated 2/1/19:
Then on 2/10/19:

I'm just only repeating what Elio Motors says.

You can take the 76 weeks from wherever you like, I guess. As I pointed out in my previous post, in May 2018, Paul said 76 weeks. "This funding will take us over the top". Follow my links to the press conference. In June they filed 76 weeks from basically any date when "funding" is to happen. Next year, they very well may say 76 weeks from something else. In any event, 76 weeks is a little more that 17 months. Thats 2019 from June30 or May 2018, not 2020 or is my math messed up.

But anyway, I digress...Blah blah blah... This discussion is kinda moot because the "date" has, can, and probably will move again. To answer the original question, yes 2020 is a cut off for me. Why ask? Do you want my SIL? Its locked it but somewhere in the teens so not so special. Actually, late 2019 was my cut off but my car situation changed just enough in early 2018 to hold out another 12 months. By late 2020, Ill have something else done for sure. Life moves on and S**T happens.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can take the 76 weeks from wherever you like, I guess. As I pointed out in my previous post, in May 2018, Paul said 76 weeks. "This funding will take us over the top". Follow my links to the press conference. In June they filed 76 weeks from basically any date when "funding" is to happen. Next year, they very well may say 76 weeks from something else. In any event, 76 weeks is a little more that 17 months. Thats 2019 from June30 or May 2018, not 2020 or is my math messed up.

But anyway, I digress...Blah blah blah... This discussion is kinda moot because the "date" has, can, and probably will move again. To answer the original question, yes 2020 is a cut off for me. Why ask? Do you want my SIL? Its locked it but somewhere in the teens so not so special. Actually, late 2019 was my cut off but my car situation changed just enough in early 2018 to hold out another 12 months. By late 2020, Ill have something else done for sure. Life moves on and S**T happens.
If you can show me where he says 76 weeks at that date then I will still question the other statements made by the company after that date. Paul should not tell the world that it's 76 weeks in May 2018 and then he tells the SEC and everyone on Facebook that it's 76 weeks in February 2019.

Again, I'm only going by what Elio Motors says. If there is better information, then I'd really like to use that then. So far, Elio motors seems to be the best information for when they are going to production. Other than that, I just state my opinion but the production date is something I don't want to make an opinion on any more as it's critical to the business.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also, you need to watch the last 30 seconds of this video and see why Paul has pretty much dissipated and is not making any claims for when production will begin. This is the SEC gag order. If you want to see this happen over an over, invest in Biomed or Pharm stocks. New companies tend to get put under a gag order from their legal department because you can't just state things like this. This is why Paul adds in the disclaimer for everything.

Here's the video (made on December 27, 2016) and the last 30 seconds is all that matters (actually the last 5 seconds):
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2016/12/27/elio-motors-reinvents-the-car.html

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just checked the Elio supplier network. Infinite Skyz is not listed. Then I looked on the Infinite Skyz website. They still show a Elio application, but the website also says it will be updated soon. (It's said that for a couple of years now.) Makes me wonder how many suppliers are actually still committed to the Elio. (And no, the fortune 500 engine supplier is not listed, at least not yet).

I would assume that very few suppliers spend much time thinking about Elio Motors.

Bottom line, if you don’t manufacture anything, you don’t need to buy parts.

Top Bottom