• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

From Elio Webpage.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"It should come as no surprise that Elio will create a number of much-needed jobs for American workers. We’re estimating 1,500 jobs at our Shreveport, LA plant beginning in 2014."
Does this mean the production date is actually set back? Hmmm
Just read a post that said Dec. of 2015.....Wonder where that came from?

Now I read another statement from Elio on the news about a cow fart. "TROY, Mich., April 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Yes, we said it. Elio Motors is more environmentally friendly than cow farts. The company's revolutionary three-wheeled vehicle will launch in 2015, will sell for $6,800 and get an astounding 84 miles per gallon."
They need to get together on when the thing is gonna launch!

Last edited:

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"It should come as no surprise that Elio will create a number of much-needed jobs for American workers. We’re estimating 1,500 jobs at our Shreveport, LA plant beginning in 2014."

Now I read another statement from Elio on the news about a cow fart. "TROY, Mich., April 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Yes, we said it. Elio Motors is more environmentally friendly than cow farts. The company's revolutionary three-wheeled vehicle will launch in 2015, will sell for $6,800 and get an astounding 84 miles per gallon."

Not sure where the Dcember 2015 came from. I had not heard that. The rest of those dates come in ine with what I hve heard. Start hiring working the last quarter of 2014 and start rolling cars off te line the 1st quarter of 2015.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
For the last six months or so the official target date has been early 2015 but they have hedged their bets by repeatedly saying 1st or 2nd quarter of 2015 which gives them the entire first half of the year.

They have also said they would get going in Shreveport about 60-90 days before production begins so if they start early in 2015 then they will have to start hiring in late 2014 but if they start in mid 2015 then it could be spring before they start hiring.

Recently I have noticed they have started just saying that production would begin in 2015. I don't know if the timetable has slipped some more or if they are just hedging by not being any more specific.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the last six months or so the official target date has been early 2015 but they have hedged their bets by repeatedly saying 1st or 2nd quarter of 2015 which gives them the entire first half of the year.

They have also said they would get going in Shreveport about 60-90 days before production begins so if they start early in 2015 then they will have to start hiring in late 2014 but if they start in mid 2015 then it could be spring before they start hiring.

Recently I have noticed they have started just saying that production would begin in 2015. I don't know if the timetable has slipped some more or if they are just hedging by not being any more specific.
I totally agree with you. Just seems funny that they even mention a new date every now and then. The last official word that I heard was 2nd quarter of 15.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure where the Dcember 2015 came from. I had not heard that. The rest of those dates come in ine with what I hve heard. Start hiring working the last quarter of 2014 and start rolling cars off te line the 1st quarter of 2015.
Now that would be fantastic Neal.

tom k

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

I agree! I don't need them to try and sell me a t-shirt every month!. I want to hear progressive updates on whats with the factory and what stage they are in now. Stop sending me e-mails telling me the same old 84mpg,6800.00 dollar cost and 5star crash rating, I know all that!

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree! I don't need them to try and sell me a t-shirt every month!. I want to hear progressive updates on whats with the factory and what stage they are in now. Stop sending me e-mails telling me the same old 84mpg,6800.00 dollar cost and 5star crash rating, I know all that!
Better same ole than a drop in mileage and an increase in $$$.

Last edited:

WCCFLY

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Ok any one been around the Shreveport facility to see if any activity. How far ahead of time does an auto manufacturer need to start installing manufacturing equipment before first production roll off?

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok any one been around the Shreveport facility to see if any activity. How far ahead of time does an auto manufacturer need to start installing manufacturing equipment before first production roll off?
Much of the manufacturing equipment was already in place. It probably requires modification. and it will have to be retrofitted for robotics automation. If I heard right IAV is doing that as well.

Top Bottom