• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Funding Refused By Paul Elio

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I honestly don't think that there is anybody home anymore. For some reason somebody keeps sending out emails with old news inside. But I don't believe this vehicle will see the light of day before I see the final dark of night.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My question is did Roush ask Pul Elio "where you getting the $300+ million?" before he agreed to be part of this er situation? It doesn't matter if "they could produce this way". EV or gas? Still need the dinero!
Roush doesn't care. As long as they get paid, they will do the work. You need to remember, they do lots of work for dead end projects. This is what prototyping is all about. Some prototypes go to production and others, fall flat on their face. You get paid the same for both. Remember, Roush is just a supplier, that's all, not a partner. Just like Roush was just a supplier for this:
dims

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how much work Roush has put into the Elio. RS is right, Roush will not be doing anything for free. All money seems to only go to Paul Elio, Hari Iyer and Stu Lichter along with their associated companies.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how much work Roush has put into the Elio. RS is right, Roush will not be doing anything for free. All money seems to only go to Paul Elio, Hari Iyer and Stu Lichter along with their associated companies.
They probably have to rely on Roush because the VP of Engineering, Program Management and Vehicle Launch hasn't worked for Elio since April 2018. So I never heard who replaced him, thus maybe Roush will handle all of those duties.

Bookly

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
They probably have to rely on Roush because the VP of Engineering, Program Management and Vehicle Launch hasn't worked for Elio since April 2018. So I never heard who replaced him, thus maybe Roush will handle all of those duties.
You can't be serious. Nothing is happening. Zero. Zip. Nada.
It's over.
This can't be that hard to discern.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are positive about this, what are you still doing here?
You can just leave any time you want to.

Otherwise, you can keep your opinions to yourself, and STFU.
I'm getting tired of all these naysayers that spout off about the status of the company, like they know something.
If you are positive, show us.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"If you are positive about this, what are you still doing here?"

I've wondered the same thing many times.

Perhaps it's an internal debate that common sense tells you it's not going to happen but optimism says there is a slight chance. Since Elio Motors is not communicating anything but old blogs, Elio Owners is about the only place that might have some news. Nobody really wants the dream to die. Miracles do happen. Will Elio somehow be fortunate to survive?

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps it’s the fact that the main glimmer of hope is that Paul and Hari continue to take ‘reservations’ for ‘spots in line’; yet another self serving situation with little downside. These new ‘reservationists’ are (hopefully) looking to the internet for accurate, honest, and verifiable information, not ‘blue sky.’ The way it is now, without any news, SEC filings, ‘leaked’ videos, press releases, or ‘pop ups,’ Elio Motors doesn’t even need the protection of ‘Forward Looking Statements.’ If they don’t, can’t, or refuse to do it, it is incumbent on us ‘veterans’ not to gloss that over.

We all have our theories, but one common denominator is that Elio Motors is not, and has not, provided ANY viable updates for well over a year, if not longer. This Public Forum certainly can invoke its own rules but also has a responsibility to hold the principals of Elio Motors and their benefactors such as ESG Engineering to account: EM is not even remotely concerned with enhancing their image, why should they be protected?

Last edited:
Top Bottom