• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Future Owner

sandollar17

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Definitely gonna be a far longer zero to sixty by two or three times depending on which year and model of corvette you have.

Projected times for the Elio are close to ten seconds. Modern corvettes do it in four or less.

With a Turbo, the Elio's coefficient of drag and low mass, should almost perform about the same as the Corvette when going 0-60 .

sandollar17

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Assuming they get the weight down to the target of 1250lbs, the Elio would need 200HP to reach a Corvette's 6.2Lbs/HP. Not likely with a single turbo.

I will bow to your expertise, however , I have read (and I wish I can quote the sourse) that my 2005 Corvette will do 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. A similar engine the size of the Elio with a Turbo can do 0-60 in 6.7 mph. Pretty close. Again, I am not a mechanic and I will give way to your analysis.
My reason for the attraction to the Elio is more esthetic than mechanical. I've reached an age whereby screeching wheels, laying rubber, doing wheelies and donuts no longer interests me.I look at the Elio and am fascinated by the design.
If you take the front end of a 1955 Mercedes Formula 1 Racer, attach a combination of Cord and Indian Motorcycle fenders,with the elegant flow of a 1930's Delahaye and place them on the design of a Classic Soapbox Derby Racer you would then have what would look like an Elio.
The Elio proves the point. The working physics of Aerodynamics is timeless, classic and true.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I reached that age when I turned 26 :p Sometimes I wonder if I'm an old man trapped in a young man's body.
Didn't you watch the news today?
Someone doing some kind of study determined you're now "old" when you turn 37 to 38

I saw that and thought; "and some foundation gave a bunch of 20 somethings a big box of money to do that study"
What am I doing wrong?

Top Bottom