• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Getting To Old To Wait Much Longer

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The uncomfortable question must be asked: How many forum members/reservation holders will pass on before they get their Elio?

It looks like they pushed out the Start Production date to Q4 of 2018. And we can be reasonably certain that date will be pushed out again.
Where did you see that it's Q4 2018?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, the most recent information we've heard is from the CNBC interview which stated something to the effect of "Elios will be delivered to customers in 2018". That doesn't rule out fleet production or even reservation holder production starting before the end of 2017.

skychief

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where did you see that it's Q4 2018?

"Just 2 months after Elio Motors CEO Paul Elio told the Louisiana House Commerce Committee that production of his 3 wheel automobile would begin in Shreveport by the end of 2017, the company has announced another round of delays and says production will not start until late 2018.
However, according their latest SEC filings, any time frame they give may be a pipe dream. The company has accumulated a deficit of over 123 million dollars as of September 30,2016."
http://710keel.com/could-the-end-of-elio-motors-be-in-sight/

"Elio Motors recently pushed back the starting date of production from the Shreveport plant. They were supposed to begin production this year, but now they’re saying that it will be 2018. The original date to start production was back in 2014."
http://thehayride.com/2017/01/the-c...-take-a-new-approach-to-economic-development/

Also, our own Joeker88 noted that Mr. Elio indicated a 2018 Production date during his CNBC Power Lunch interview. Paul is asked: "When will you be in production? ...You're expecting to roll out the cars on the road in 2018?"

Elio: "Correct."

Last edited:

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Just 2 months after Elio Motors CEO Paul Elio told the Louisiana House Commerce Committee that production of his 3 wheel automobile would begin in Shreveport by the end of 2017, the company has announced another round of delays and says production will not start until late 2018.
However, according their latest SEC filings, any time frame they give may be a pipe dream. The company has accumulated a deficit of over 123 million dollars as of September 30,2016."
http://710keel.com/could-the-end-of-elio-motors-be-in-sight/

"Elio Motors recently pushed back the starting date of production from the Shreveport plant. They were supposed to begin production this year, but now they’re saying that it will be 2018. The original date to start production was back in 2014."
http://thehayride.com/2017/01/the-c...-take-a-new-approach-to-economic-development/

Also, our own Joeker88 noted that Mr. Elio indicated a 2018 Production date during his CNBC Power Lunch interview. Paul is asked: "When will you be in production? ...You're expecting to roll out the cars on the road in 2018?"

Elio: "Correct."
You verified in the bold print that EM quoted late 2018, or is someone presuming late 2018 in the article. We know 2018 from the NBC interview, because I watched that.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
You verified in the bold print that EM quoted late 2018, or is someone presuming late 2018 in the article. We know 2018 from the NBC interview, because I watched that.
Right, plus July 2nd is the middle of the year, so any date after July 2 can be considered "Late 2018" that's also end of Q2, beginning of Q3

So there is no quote Q4 of 2018, correct?

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Right, plus July 2nd is the middle of the year, so any date after July 2 can be considered "Late 2018" that's also end of Q2, beginning of Q3

So there is no quote Q4 of 2018, correct?
I copied the entire discussion page and sent it to Elio and asked them what was mentioned a few months ago. Is the fourth quarter stated then for a start date 2018. The fact that everyone that has any reservations or investment in stock want's this delaying ended. Just the fact of everyday when you turn around to your family and friends with continued disappointed about what has transpired with delays is draining. I am tIred of looking lIke a fool since I ordered this vehicle in May 2014 and watching the stock prices dive because of EMs leadership.No credibility. I will get back to you when I get something worth writing about.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We are all disappointed, but what else is there to do? I am reminded of the Charlton Heston movie The Agony and the Ecstasy. The Pope asks when will it be finished? Refering to the Sistine Chapel ceiling Michael Angelo is suppose to be painting. Michaels response was "when it is done. When will we be driving our Elios? When they are built.

Top Bottom