• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Got Obd Port?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have been round and round on this. As of January, and this is a direct statement made to me by an Elio executive, the decision had finally been made between OBD-1 and OBD-2, but they weren't announcing it for a while. The reason for the debate had to do with cost, and the possibility of using the OBD-2 port to re-program the ECU.

However, the heads-up display they're offering requires OBD-2 input, so the issue is settled, with or without an announcement. It's OBD-2 (or OBD-II if you prefer).

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I just happened to go browsing the Configurator tonight and found a little surprise.
If you click on the TPMS Info icon, you get this:

TPMS Shot.jpg

Gee I wonder what happened to it? Is it still available, or did the vendor pull the plug?
Or is no one at EM paying much attention to the Configurator?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just happened to go browsing the Configurator tonight and found a little surprise.
If you click on the TPMS Info icon, you get this:

View attachment 11538

Gee I wonder what happened to it? Is it still available, or did the vendor pull the plug?
Or is no one at EM paying much attention to the Configurator?
may be updating the video, may have pulled the plug, may be a technical glitch -- but interesting just the same!
I'm pretty sure the Configurator, which is basically pretty damn lame, is going to have a major reconfiguration itself prior to LA Auto Show.

Elio is determined to tout non-package, pick-it-yourself options, and the technology to do it has to be something like the configurator. They're pushing this at the LA auto show, so it will need to be working right by then. Here's hoping ... so far it's been lousy -- cranky, terrible color, won't let you un-do certain selections -- weak information about selections. No rear view camera (yet), no seat options (yet). So it needs work.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
may be updating the video, may have pulled the plug, may be a technical glitch -- but interesting just the same!
I'm pretty sure the Configurator, which is basically pretty damn lame, is going to have a major reconfiguration itself prior to LA Auto Show.

Elio is determined to tout non-package, pick-it-yourself options, and the technology to do it has to be something like the configurator. They're pushing this at the LA auto show, so it will need to be working right by then. Here's hoping ... so far it's been lousy -- cranky, terrible color, won't let you un-do certain selections -- weak information about selections. No rear view camera (yet), no seat options (yet). So it needs work.
Very true; I like the thread I just left; people are chest pounding about how much they are going to tell EM they'll pay for delivery fees; yeah, good luck with that. They have it, you want it, this is how much it is; if you don't want to pay that, go somewhere else and buy it ..... oh wait, there is no where else.

Top Bottom