• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Governor John Bel Edwards Signs Anti-elio Legislation

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Besides, according to this map, at least Tesla can't sell cars in Arkansas or Texas. Elio is a different class vehicle, so the rules may be different for it.
There is more than just the type of vehicle that could have an effect on Elio. You can legally buy a Tesla on Ohio, but only in three grandfathered Tesla dealerships. (Columbus, Cincinnati, and a bit east of Cleveland) No more factory-direct sales outlets can be opened since a law was passed a couple years ago. EM will not be allowed top open a factory-owned store and sell Elio's in Ohio.

Other states will be different, where you can't sell cars, but you can sell motorcycles. It would be interesting to see a map of where EM can sell their autocycles directly.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would be interesting if Pep Boys became dealers too. Then Carl Icahn could fight the state laws with Trump on his side.

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Once again, follow the money. I'd be willing to bet that NADA spread the money around all over the state legislature to get this passed. It happens everywhere, and it's not just NADA :(

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arkansas had crossed my mind - put a Marshaling Center there. But from a cost standpoint, that's sort of silly when they have all that space in Shreveport already. Besides, according to this map, at least Tesla can't sell cars in Arkansas or Texas. Elio is a different class vehicle, so the rules may be different for it.

I really don't know the rules in Texas, but it seems I can't leave the house without seeing a Tesla. Here in Houston there are lot of 'em running around. I had to make a trip down to Sugarland this afternoon and I saw two on the road and one in the parking lot. If I get a chance I'll ask an owner how he bought it...

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a thought... or maybe just a notion. Wouldn't it be great if Tesla would make a deal with Elio to partner up. Tesla could finance the production of the Elios and maybe someday there could even be an electric Elio.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That would be nice, and I'd love to have one of each. But as a rule, for a company to want to buy you, you got to be successful and have something they want or keep you from competing against them. Not sure Elio would blow too many skirts up yet. (debt, equipment, 5-7 prototypes)

Top Bottom